This is a ProMod guy winter project.

Dammit, Stan. Social liberty, remember? Immoral conspicuous consumption? Who exactly decides that?

Dammit, Stan. Social liberty, remember? Immoral conspicuous consumption? Who exactly decides that?

It's Obama's fault........LOL! :eek:ops:

3930004752_e2f28478f5.jpg

3930004752_e2f28478f5.jpg

With social liberty comes responsibility. Responsibilty is so lacking at all income levels.
From gold teeth on welfare recipients to gold watches on tax break recipients. They both have too much money and I paid for both of them.

Last edited:
Well, you didn't pay for any of mine so I'll decide for myself how to spend it.

Ross, I know I didn't and believe me, I know how you have busted your balls. I would never begudge you a nickel of it.

Stan, I swear I'm not looking for a fight with you but I am beyond perplexed by your take on wealth. We've beat this horse before but I just can't understand your point of view.

To get back on subject.... These are nothing new.

zingers-show-cars.jpg

IIRC, these were built for a model car company (MPC?) to promote their models of the same. I remember seeing one get pushed into position at an indoor car show and the guy wasn't straining at all... So I'll bet the engine blocks weren't cast iron.

Stan, I swear I'm not looking for a fight with you but I am beyond perplexed by your take on wealth.
I think the best way is to say it and it should pretty much cover all bases. I'm a cheap prick and unfortunately for others, I preach way too much what I practice.
My whining and bitching about "conspicuous consumption" really ought to be thoughts that I keep to myself because it's again, like running head long into an oncoming freight train. Same results and it only delays the freight while they sponge me off the front.
Warning: Attacking me because I am a union member will push my button.

Last edited:
To get back on subject.... These are nothing new.

zingers-show-cars.jpg

IIRC, these were built for a model car company (MPC?) to promote their models of the same. I remember seeing one get pushed into position at an indoor car show and the guy wasn't straining at all... So I'll bet the engine blocks weren't cast iron.

Yes ,I had a model of one that I built as a kid. IIRC it was the VW. I think MPC is correct. The first model I built was the Little Red Wagon!!

I think the best way is to say it and it should pretty much cover all bases. I'm a cheap prick and unfortunately for others, I preach way too much what I practice.
My whining and bitching about "conspicuous consumption" really ought to be thoughts that I keep to myself because it's again, like running head long into an oncoming freight train. Same results and it only delays the freight while they sponge me off the front.
Warning: Attacking me because I am a union member will push my button.

My Grandpa and Dad were life long union guys.

If the Army counts...... I've always been in management (NCO since year 2 and Senior NCO since year 8 in the Army) and in management my entire life since the Army.

Back