What would one expect to pay for a Fuselage Convertible

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I may be looking to replace both my 70 D-200 and my Other 69 Polara

The idea of having a convertible again (had a 99 Sebring) is up on my list.

I'm not looking for a project and would prefer something that is somewhat respectable.

Basically I want a car I can drive now, just about anywhere, anytime. It would be my daily driver.

To use the term Survivor is pretty vague but I doubt I could afford most restored ones (but you never know).

Alan

I'd say about $10k-$15k would get you a really nice one and ready to go.

Basically I want a car I can drive now, just about anywhere, anytime. It would be my daily driver.
If it were truly that, you can't afford it.
I look at the $15k cars that people are selling and it looks like every single one of them have an issue or 30...

If it were truly that, you can't afford it.
I look at the $15k cars that people are selling and it looks like every single one of them have an issue or 30...

I understand no car is perfect or the closer they are the more expensive they get.

I have a car that I paid very little for and it is as reliable as they come, I would drive it cross country today.

What I'm looking for is a car that is already mechanically sound, if I buy out of state it will need to be able to make the drive back.

I'm looking for a car with an interior that isn't showing springs, a few pulled seams? maybe?

The exterior needs to look good, faded, weathered Ok, no major dents, if all it needed were the lower fenders fixed that might be fine.

I don't mind a little work but not something that is more begging for a restoration.

Alan

$8,500 one year ago....drive in trailerd it home $750.00

193510 2014 left bucket.jpg

193510 2014 left front.jpg

Ive got about another $1,500 into as is and put over 3000 miles on it. 383-4 rumbles with the best, looks pretty good but I dont obsess over it like the survivor sister she has...FUN car
193510 2015 5-24 (10).jpg

193510 2014 left bucket.jpg

193510 2014 left front.jpg

193510 2015 5-24 (10).jpg

Can you live with, let's say, rust in the quarters?

Yes, my Other Polara had the lower 2" of the rear quarters gone, an easy fix, the bottom 6" of the rear of both fenders also needed to be done but overall the car is solid.
If the paint on repair can be cut in closely I'd probably be happy. Floors and frame must be in good shape.

I will not be necessarily looking for a car that will look good at 3', 20' would probably be good.

I do not have late model cars and probably would never buy anything newer than mid 70's.

I don't have a budget yet and will probably get real serious in 6-9 months.

I'm not selling the Other Polara till after I'm done with the CHP car and at that time I'll sell the truck, look at my savings and see where I'm at.

At that time I may be in the $9000 bracket, I'm just trying to gauge where I might need to be before selling myself out of transportation (although I'd still have my Barracuda).

I'm at the point where I'm putting more money into the bank than into the CHP car and I'm confident I could sell both the Polara and the Truck quickly so if something comes along I might be open to following up on.

Alan

I'd say, then, some thorough looking around and patience, you can find one in the $7k - $10k range.
Probably have some "bubbly" areas, bad carb, ugly wheels, and a few basic maintenance needs.

Oh, and an A/C that is "currently not workin. Just needs charging". LMAO

$8,500 one year ago....drive in trailerd it home $750.00

Ive got about another $1,500 into as is and put over 3000 miles on it. 383-4 rumbles with the best, looks pretty good but I dont obsess over it like the survivor sister she has...FUN car

And that's why you still top the "you suck" list!

:eek:ccasion14:

There's a couple 70 300 Verts for sale on Moparts. No pics, but the ad reads like they might be good cars.

Anyone remember the beautiful light blue one that was for sale on here a year or two a go? I loved it but just didn't have the spare cash to buy and import. I think it was a 318, around $5K.....was a great looking car!!!

Anyone remember the beautiful light blue one that was for sale on here a year or two a go? I loved it but just didn't have the spare cash to buy and import. I think it was a 318, around $5K.....was a great looking car!!!

gotta be more specific

gotta be more specific

yeah, sorry...Im trying to remember the exact details or find a picture. I believe it was being sold by a member of this forum and seemed like a very good deal. I couldn't understand why it took a while to sell....small block maybe held it back a bit?? I will do some digging.

Used the search facility etc but cant find it now....doh!! Im testing your memories now men....light blue, possibly in Canada, definitely a members car, 318, photographed on a light concrete driveway outside sellers house, nice interior, around $5k....this is driving me mad!! Big Yella will have some photos. I will ask him....cheers Steve

either a Fury or Polara....think Fury. Wondering now if it was on cbodydrydock....cant remember.

Anyway, sorry, not really adding to the thread, just bugging me that I cant find it....I really must get out more!!

Cheers Steve

Back