Windscreen Dodge 68 2-door hardtop

mstrk

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been looking through the forum for answers but still am a little clueless.
I'm looking for a windscreen for my 68 Monaco 2door, but cannot find any, nor what exact part i need.
I found a few lists and interchange stuff on this forum, but all for chrysler.
Also there looks to be a difference between 65-68 and 67-68..

Does anyone know what windscreen fits mine and what other cars the windscreen would fit, or what code i need to search and where?
Preferably in Holland, Belgium or Germany, shipping from US would not be a very good idea.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-15 at 10.43.12.jpeg

Windshield is Fast Top body style only "It has to Have this same roof". 1967 1968 Dodge Polara Dodge Monaco 2 door, Chrysler Newport new yorker 300 Plymouth fury III Sport Fury Vip 2 door fast top only. Hardtop and convertible is different. Fast top windshield is 23" tall, Convertible and 2 door hardtop is 25" tall. Sedan wagon windshield is 27" tall. This applies to 1967 and 1968 only.

Recalling the threads in here on windshields, the difference is not with the Brand of C-body car, but the body style of the C-body car in the Slabs era. Meaning that Hardtops and Convertibles might be one part number and sedans and wagons the other part number. Then there is the Fast top which were 1967-68 only. You will also need a new rubber gasket, too.

For a network in Europe, you might check the www.bbtr.de website (to see how many others have C-body cars In Europe) and also www.MoparShop.de website. There might be somebody closer to you?

Great looking car.

CBODY67

I had a spare windshield for my '68 Monaco 500 that I got with the car when in ought it. I never did find a new gasket for it during my three year ownership. I never got pulled over so I never cared, and it didn't distract my ability to drive the car. I realize there may be regulations in Europe that require a clear windshield. Best of luck to you in your search.

Steele Rubber makes the best gasket. Here's the part #

I had a spare windshield for my '68 Monaco 500 that I got with the car when in ought it. I never did find a new gasket for it during my three year ownership. I never got pulled over so I never cared, and it didn't distract my ability to drive the car. I realize there may be regulations in Europe that require a clear windshield. Best of luck to you in your search.
1715957984644.png

Steele Rubber makes the best gasket. Here's the part #
Thanks! I found a windscreen from multiple suppliers, one was 1303,25 dollars, one was 1100 dollars and one was 515 dollars. Guess which one i ordered..
I'll order the gasket too, but isn't it better to glue it in like all the newer cars?

No.. The gasket fits the trim properly to windshield as well. The rear glass glues in with Buytl tape, but front requires gasket

Thanks! I found a windscreen from multiple suppliers, one was 1303,25 dollars, one was 1100 dollars and one was 515 dollars. Guess which one i ordered..
I'll order the gasket too, but isn't it better to glue it in like all the newer cars?

The Fast Top rear window was Chrysler's first "glue-in" glass, everything else is gasketed.

What you will see when you get the orig glass out is the build thickness that would be needed for the urethane match. Modern glue-in glasses do not have that much thickness to deal with.

NOW, if you want some large gaps between the glass and trim AND are willing to deal with the related wind noise . . . plus the glass looking "too sunk in". OR you can devise some spacers (man of them) to reinforce and stabilize the glass with the thicker urethane, THEN you could do the glue-in operation. Might take a case or more of urethane, though.

Much better to use the gasket seal.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back