For Sale 06 Magnum sxt/police edition. $5995

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubber band is a wear item not forever. Just like fluid and brakes change when due.
Timming belts as a maintenance item always seemed like a planned money grab to me. So many drivers thought they were doing good by keeping their cars, then at 80,000 they were told to invest $800 into a 5 plus year old car, and then dumping them. I just do my research and pick the ones that don’t have that nonsense for a DD. Manufactures have shied away from belts in most new cars, never understood why they were a thing to begin with. Now there is a slurry of decent used cars on the market with ticking time bombs for the buyer who doesn’t know better.

Timming belts as a maintenance item always seemed like a planned money grab to me. So many drivers thought they were doing good by keeping their cars, then at 80,000 they were told to invest $800 into a 5 plus year old car, and then dumping them. I just do my research and pick the ones that don’t have that nonsense for a DD. Manufactures have shied away from belts in most new cars, never understood why they were a thing to begin with. Now there is a slurry of decent used cars on the market with ticking time bombs for the buyer who doesn’t know better.

Reason they have gone away is the VVT is hard on a chain and usually needs to be in the oil (uses oil to adjust). They did not get rid of belts because it's better for you. I would take a timing belt any day over a nylon coated aluminum gear in a timing set. When they break it is just as bad and you lose oil pressure.
80,000 in 5 years! You have never met my wife. She would have that knocked out in just over 3.

These rocked my boat.

cnpca5413-vi.jpg

I remember when the OPP station around the corner from my parents house got one..They were shortlived with OPP service but did pave the way for the continual purchase of the Charger's, which they are now replacing the majority of the Taurus' with.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back