1965 Fury I police car

So neat update as I pick through the car and look for items to repair - cleaning up the dash the plastic heater vents cracked at the attachment points and fell down, along with the cloth vent tubes (which were dry rotted badly) - repaired the vents and found some new tubing that is exact same size but more Modern and will last longer /function better - went to replace and decided to take the glove box out to make it easier to maneuver in the back - glove box was in great shape until I began to touch and maneuver it at which time it began to disintegrate - oh well, ordered a new one (not cheap for cardboard replacement go figure) - behind it I located a live shotgun round and three pennies, 67’ 72’ and 73’ (not significant but fun archeological dig all the same). Best part though is when I took off the glove box door I noticed the remnants of black dynotape - it only had a portion of the last part showing (“06”) but when you look where the tape used to be you could see that it left an impression where the sticky portion was, and it says “car 406” - talking to old timer who was on the department in the 70’s says marked units were in the car 100’s and 200’s so a 400 series would make sense - just an update, always neat to find out some more history on the car!

IMG_1049.jpeg

Back