For Sale ***1965 Plymouth Sport Fury II - 383 Commando - 4 Speed - Convertible***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddart

Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a rare car. Everything is there except the center console. Manual steering, manual brakes.

The car is currently registered and I have the Title. The transmission is out of the car, the bell housing and clutch are still attached.

Edited "I do have the transmission, you can see it on the front of the trailer. I also have the shifter and linkage.

On one of my engine stands I have a fresh 383. It can go with the car for an additional fee. END OF EDIT"

$6500.00

IMG_8738.jpeg

IMG_8740.jpeg

IMG_9645.jpeg

IMG_9644.jpeg

IMG_9640.jpeg

IMG_9643.jpeg

IMG_9641.jpeg

IMG_9639.jpeg

Last edited:
Does the engine turn over?

That's looks to be an incorrect trans for the car. A '65 should have a ball & trunnion at the output of the trans.
The hole in that output shaft looks too small for a bolt to fasten the B&T flange to the shaft (if that's even how it is made, IDK).
If the car has a '66-up driveshaft with slip yoke, then the trans on the trailer might be suitable.

That's looks to be an incorrect trans for the car. A '65 should have a ball & trunnion at the output of the trans.
The hole in that output shaft looks too small for a bolt to fasten the B&T flange to the shaft (if that's even how it is made, IDK).
If the car has a '66-up driveshaft with slip yoke, then the trans on the trailer might be suitable.
Well this is hot rodding. That trans will go in that car no problem. Im not a it has to be the original by no means at all. A slip yoke and a drive shaft? Give me something hard to worry about for real. Lol

This car was sitting in a parking lot and someone stole the original transmission, the driveshaft and the console. All 3 are long gone.

Understood, but keep in mind it's not about you and the car anymore, it's about giving as much info as you can to potential buyers so they can make an informed decision.
And the missing driveshaft hadn't been mentioned before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back