NOT MINE 1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible - $13,500 - Knoxville, TN

marty mopar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tempe AZ (hotter than a turd on a frypan)
or Sale: 1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible - $13,500 - Knoxville, TN
1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible for sale by owner - Knoxville, TN - craigslist
Seller's Description:
1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible. Rare optioned 440 "TNT" Big Block Engine, Automatic Trans, Factory 440 - 727 & 8.75 Rear End Car, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Power Top. After a year of being parked, it started right up. I would trust this car to leave across country tomorrow. I'd drive it anywhere. It runs great and drives straight, solid and tight just like it's supposed to! The car is absolutely ideal for an easy restoration or drive as is. What I mean by that is things I can't post a picture of like the doors close with a solid clunk. Or the fact that the windows all roll up and down smooth and easy. Or the steering wheels isn't all cracked up etc. etc.
And 3 truckloads of extra parts. Not exaggerating and including enough body parts to build about 2 other cars. Hood, fenders, bumpers, grills, head lights, taillights, an entire set of seat covers, new carpet, New convertible top, etc. etc. Also has a Factory AC system of all needed components to install and look like factory AC car. Sorry. No parts for sale separately. All Numbers Matching Car. Can be seen at 7803 Asheville Hwy at The Trailer Hub. Sitting out front. Lowered price to $13500 Firm. Cash or Card.

66Chrysler300ConvTNd.jpg.f6fa52ea961ccc541d4c657aa73be3b6.jpg

A buddy of mine wanted this car -he paid for 3 one way plane tickets for my brother and myself to accompany him to view the car. Since the seller insisted that there was “no rust” except for “a little bit”in the passenger side rear 1/4.Paul also declared that the car was absolutely roadworthy enough to drive it back home to Maine with no issues,
He picked us up at the airport and drove us 45 minutes to his trailer business. Led us to the car -put the top down as fast as he could- started it up and said “take her for a ride” of course the first thing I did was lay on the ground to look underneath, I’m glad it was running though - cause it was leaking exhaust from every joint. I then noticed that he skirts were flapping around because of the extremely crude lower 1/4 panels rust repair and the locator/keeper pins were eliminated, the passenger 1/4 was repaired a long time ago with very thin metal that was pop riveted and had thick bondo slapped over it-that led to the long separation crack that he called a little bit of rust.
My Friend Jason asked him specifically about frame rust, and specifically at the subframe… when I got up off the ground and said that the subframe was toast - he said” that’s nothing that $300 worth of welding work won’t fix”
Another major rust nightmare is the top bar of the windshield frame -rotted on both corners.
As far a roadworthy… the alternator is held by only the tension adjustment bracket -so it flops to and fro -the before mentioned exhaust leaks from both manifolds- the broken driver side motor mount(new one in the trunk) the water pump is suspect(new one in the trunk) cracked windshield- rubber on the wiper blades dry rotted beyond use, IMO. - Paul is an estate vulture who has someone with camera skills take 1/2 decent photos of this car, in order to make a quick flip. His priority is to invest absolutely nothing in the car and maximize profits. This car will require a lot of money and time just to make it safe for use. I’d say it’s worth @ 7k TOPS. Oh the topper is he refused to refund Jason the $500 holding money he requested, and refused to drive back to the airport- he did give Jason a business card and said here is the address to give to an Uber or taxi- then left hastily….
IMG_5124.jpeg
IMG_5123.jpeg
IMG_5128.jpeg
IMG_5121.jpeg
IMG_5118.jpeg

Last edited:
@MOVE N UP
Thanks for the good report.
I thought it looked like a really good deal for a 66 with the 440.

Disgusting that your friend lost the cost of plane tickets and his deposit.
Hopefully he is finding venues to give feedback on this dirtbag.

Back