For Sale 1966 Dodge Monaco 9 Passenger Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparnutcase

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. This is out near Dave's way.

1966 DODGE MONACO 9 PASSENGER WAGON 383 (SUPER RARE)
00y0y_gTJySGWeF6w_50x50c.jpg
00E0E_7YQGRilyvcq_50x50c.jpg
00G0G_kRljcYcKwJj_50x50c.jpg
00H0H_8SEi1ctDMK5_50x50c.jpg
00i0i_97t5jFmGekD_50x50c.jpg
00404_e5AZNYJeJ9q_50x50c.jpg
00505_dLFSMZFemAj_50x50c.jpg
00505_lpIHuTMQo5y_50x50c.jpg
00K0K_ec1THPqVzm9_50x50c.jpg
01313_aLJpXW0AyR6_50x50c.jpg
00V0V_4qZlpm3fPrr_50x50c.jpg
00w0w_eZo5WiOYhPk_50x50c.jpg
00F0F_2yzR5GRl11L_50x50c.jpg
00T0T_htQf9nA30UP_50x50c.jpg
00X0X_9TP89Rqh1Wh_50x50c.jpg
00r0r_bNFdvqz82XC_50x50c.jpg
00202_dopotB72RkZ_50x50c.jpg
00d0d_ga4p69aPrzV_50x50c.jpg
00404_28JmkGLnawp_50x50c.jpg
00c0c_itxxtPYrnie_50x50c.jpg

1966 DODGE POLARA WAGON

VIN: 999999
condition: excellent
cylinders: 8 cylinders
fuel: gas
odometer: 77761
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

1966 DODGE MONOCO 9 PASSENGER WAGON. THIS WAGON IS SUPER RARE THERE ARE NON AROUND. ESPECIALLY IN THIS CONDITION. ITS ALSO SUPER RARE BECUASE IT HAS THE OPTINAL 383 CI MOTOR WITH THE 4 BARREL CARB. ITS ALSO A LOW MILAGE CAR WITH ONLY 77,000 MILES (DOCUMENTED). ENVISION THIS CAR DOWN AT OUR BEACH OR IN CALIFORNIA ON THE BEACH WITH SURF BOARDS STICKING OUT OF IT.

THIS CAR WAS BUILT WITH POWER STEERING, POWER BRAKES,AUTOMATIC TRANSSMISSION AND ELECTRIC REAR WINDOW.

THE ENGINE RUNS REALLY STRONG IT STARTS EVERYTIME WITH ONE PUMP OF THE GAS. THE TRANS SHIFTS SMOOTH AS IT SHOULD AND THERE ARE NO ISSUES. THIS ENGINE WAS A FACTORY OPTION WHEN NEW AND IS ALSO RARE FOR THESE WAGONS. THIS CAR HAS NEW BELTS AND HOSES AS WELL AS NEW BRAKES INCLUDING NEW DRUMS AND LINES. I ALSO RECENTLY INSTALLED ALL NEW EXHAUST. THE TIRES ARE NEW AND THE NIPPLES ARE STIILL ON THEM.

THIS CAR WAS PAINTED ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO BEFORE I BOUGHT IT AND ITS GREAT. WHEN PAINTED THEY MUST HAVE TAKEN OFF ALL THE CHROME BECAUSE THERE IS NO VISABLE OVERSPRAY. IT WAS DONE PROFESSIONALLY AND IT IS A 2 STAGE PAINT WITH PLENTY OF CLEAR. THE WOODGRAIN IS NEW AS WELL AND IT IS FLAWLESS.

THE INTERIOR IS COMPLETLY REDONE AND ITS EXCEPTIONAL. ALL OF THE SEATS ARE FULL AND PERFECT INCLUDING THE EMLEMS ON THEM. THE DOOR PANELS, CARPET AND HEADLINER WERE REDONE TO AREALLY HIGH STANDARD AND ARE EXCEPTIONAL AS WELL. I DO HAVE EXTRA PICTURES FOR YOUR REVIEW AS WELL. THE DASH MUST HAVE BEEN REPLACED ALTHOUGH I DONT KNOW THIS FOR SURE. IT LOOKS BRAND NEW AND THERE IS NO CRACKING OR WEAR AT ALL. ALL THE GAGES LOOK GREAT AND THEY ALL FUNCTION PROPERLY. INTERESTINGLY, THE AM RADIO WORKS PERFECT AND UNDER THE DASH IS AN AUDIOVOX SOUND EXPLORER,A SOLID STATE FM TUNER AND A RADIO SHACK 8 TRACK PLAYER AND THE ALL WORK PERFECT. OVERALL ITS REALLY COOL.

THE CHROME IS NOT PERFECT BUT IS REALLY PRESENTABLE. ALL THE STAINLESS IS IN GREAT SHAPE PROBABLY REDONE AT SOME POINT.

I HAVE INCLUDED A COUPLE PICTURES OF THE UNDER CARRIAGE TO DEMONSTRATE HOW NICE IT IS. THE FRAME IS IN GREAT SHAPE IT HAS MINIMAL SURFACE RUST. THE ROCKERS ARE ALSO IN GREAT SHAPE AS THEY ARE PERFECT. THE ONLY RUST I CAN FIND IS ON THE PASSENGER FENDER THE IS A SMALL AREA THAT HAS STARTED TO BUBBLE ABOUT AN INCH AROUND THAT PROBABLY WAS NOT PREPED RIGHT.

FUNNY STORY HOW I CAME ACROSS THIS CAR. I WAS IN MARYLAND ONE DAY AND SPOTTED IT ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. I TOOK THE NUMBER DOWNAND IT KNAWED AT ME FOR WEEKS. I CALLED THE GUY BECAUSE I COULD NOT GET THE CAR OUT OF MY HEAD. THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM HAD BOUGHT IT AT A MECUM AUTO AUCTION A COUPLE YEARS PRIOR. HE HAD HIS FUN WITH IT AND IT WAS TIME TO PASS IT ON.

I AM ASKING 14500 OBO FOR THIS CAR. I AM HAPPY TO SHOW IT ANYTIME. I AM OPEN TO TRADES BUT NOT LOOKING TO FINISH YOUR PROJECT AND NOT LOOKING TO TRADE YOUR OVERPRICED MOTORCYCLE. JUST LETTING YOU KNOW UP FRONT. MY NAME IS DAVID show contact info

we'll upsize the shots to complete the archive for this beauty before it vanishes.

My only "issue" with this listing? Seller coulda worked his natural light (basically sun/shade angles to get all the colors to pop) a bit better and this baby would really sing.

Neat car no matter. Hope it finds a good home :).

00-1-2-8.jpg
00-1-2-9.jpg
00-1-2-11.jpg
00-1-2-12.jpg
00-1-2-40.jpg
00-1-2-41.jpg
00-1-2-42.jpg
00-1-3-00.jpg
00-1-3.jpg
00-1-3-000.jpg

Very nice.
$5,000 when sold ar mecum in 2015.

Defiantly a nice car but For that much money I'd like to see the proper colors in the engine compartment, more options and more of a stock pattern on the woodgrain. Wouldn't kick it out of my garage though for sure.

not sure if $15 big is right number today for this wagon ... but pretty sure $5k was a down right steal.

mecum a "no reserve" outfit or that 2015 seller hosed him/herself inadvertently?

Love it all but the engine bay, Ford blue engine and rhino liner black. I too could deal with that. The red interior is perfect to me and nice to see a red exterior too.

I think I have come to the conclusion that red looks perfect with a woody, slab or fusie.

This is a prime example of how a car looks when you restore the paint/body and reinstall the faded bumpers.

And that engine compartment is atrocious. An engine compartment can be restored to 'acceptable' non-concours standards within a long weekend. Provided it hasn't been firehosed with undercoating. The worst part is that if you look at it closely, they did attempt to detail it!

Based on those 2 things, IMO not worth 15k.

And I'm with Azblack, stock-style woodgrain should've been used. I'm pretty sure I've seen the crotch-pattern in the veneer section of the Rockler catalog.

upload_2017-11-24_20-53-8.png

This is a prime example of how a car looks when you restore the paint/body and reinstall the faded bumpers.

And that engine compartment is atrocious. An engine compartment can be restored to 'acceptable' non-concours standards within a long weekend. Provided it hasn't been firehosed with undercoating. The worst part is that if you look at it closely, they did attempt to detail it!

Based on those 2 things, IMO not worth 15k.

And I'm with Azblack, stock-style woodgrain should've been used. I'm pretty sure I've seen the crotch-pattern in the veneer section of the Rockler catalog.

View attachment 153529

I did pick out a few things (e.g, the incorrect blue over the turquoise) that looked odd. the woodgrain didn't look "old" .. but i didnt know why. No AC either, dullish brightwork, etc. .. the obvious stuff to my semi-trained eyes.:)

00-1-2-41.jpg

Other than that tho, it looked like a complete, highly original car with cool colors i'd be happy to own.

Still IF i were a buyer, the $15K seemed tall to me .. but i chalked it up to insufficient knowledge of values on my part.

Howvever, I'd pay $5K for it all day long, and twice on Sunday, and then toss another few grand to make it as original as possible and still feel good with it .. just because it warrants that degree of investment given its apparent well-preserved condtion.

Can anyone who really knows these slabbie wagons make the case for anything near or above seller's asking price for this one as it sits right now?

Last edited:
I personally can't see it going for over $10,000, but they seem to be going for more lately.
I agree I would go into debt (which I personally say a will never do to buy a classic car)to buy it at $5,000. You just aren't seeing them very often.

I think it could possibly reach closer to that amount if all the negatives mentioned we're gone. Still I think to achieve that price, it would need to be a higher optioned A/C car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back