1966 fury 2door HT widest wheel & tire package

rl000999

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out the widest wheel & tire package I can put on this car

PXL_20241020_122032937.jpg

plenty of threads on this but to sum it up it depends on what offset wheel is and tire size depends on wheel width & offset combination. You need to provide more info for tire suggestions, specifically what diameter wheels, width(I would stay 7-8" width personally), and then the offset before you can discuss tire sizes so pick some wheel options you like first

FWIW, I'm going to upgrade to 235/70R15 on some 15x7 wheels I got off of a Diplomat. Won't have any worries with that combo and my speedo should stay reasonably accurate.

plenty of threads on this but to sum it up it depends on what offset wheel is and tire size depends on wheel width & offset combination. You need to provide more info for tire suggestions, specifically what diameter wheels, width(I would stay 7-8" width personally), and then the offset before you can discuss tire sizes so pick some wheel options you like first
your original tires on the car were right at about a 27" diameter tire, you can go larger diameter but will want to change the gear in the trans for the speedo. I ran split sizing and wanted to stay with 15" so went with a 15x7 front with 215-70-15 and on the rear a 15x8 with 255-60-15. Obviously I went with an offset on the front that would not create any steering interference issues and the rear an offset that would tuck it almost centered in the wheel well so no suspension compression clearance issues. These two sizes area almost exactly the same diameter and sit at 27" so gives me a factory stance. Some guys like having that rear rake and go up significantly in the rear if you like that look.

Back