1966 Polara

You can all the names you want but do you have any of your old cars you could take on a trip today?

You dad had issues with your Polara on his last drive with the car, I would have loved to seen Mr. Jakass tell Mike how to take care of a car.
Yeah, radiator related no less. 430K miles and the fan threw a blade through the radiator.

You can all the names you want but do you have any of your old cars you could take on a trip today?
No, I'm at work today. I have a car that I could spend a short day on, un-mothballing it, and go cruising. Have you asked that to all the members here who only have one car, that's been off the road for many years? I'm flattered you think so much of me, and my plight, why not share your love with all of us?

Where's your car? How many miles do you drive it each year, or do you just swell with pride knowing it's out in the garage not getting used? You never post anything about a car you have, and very seldom do you make posts about cars in your other posts. How many of your posts have been a simple No. ? A better name for you is Troll.

Keep trying, you won't get me down because things didn't go as planned. I drive my cars as much as possible, and I'll be back on the road with the Polara soon enough, enjoying each and every mile.

Last edited:
If you ignored or didn't have a working temp. gauge and overheated 2 engines to the point they may be ruined it's clear preventive maintenance or any knowledge of automobiles is not your strong suit.

The gauge in the wagon showed a normal temp before it went south, and I was already on the side of the road.l when that happened. Again, the engine was already damaged well before I ever got the car, so I wasn't concerned nursing it to the exit a half mile away.

The Polara I know very well, it had a radiator failure at night, so there wasn't any warning before it got hot. I've had the car for a long time and knew it well. Even with the radiator being ill fitting, the car ran at 190-195, as verified by my temp guns.

So it **** the bed by a quick coolant evacuation, and I made the decision to limp it to the exit. The engine had suffered enough that it would need to be taken apart anyway. If it was an expensive professionally built engine, I wouldn't have done that. It cost me a few hundred dollars a decade ago. I don't mind swapping engines, it's rather relaxing.

The only preventative maintenance I thought about after I left, was u joints, but they were fine. Oil, filter, fluids, plugs, wires, brakes. So, yeah, I did preventative maintenance before I left.

Again, not gonna knock me down, no matter how hard you try. I'm gonna keep on keeping on.

If you ignored or didn't have a working temp. gauge and overheated 2 engines to the point they may be ruined it's clear preventive maintenance or any knowledge of automobiles is not your strong suit.
It's simply just good ol luck, or lack there of.
I followed LocuMob on the trip to Illinois in his 66. The weather was hot and humid and I know I was pushing water too. My idiot light never lit. Maintenance doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Trolls-3.gif

It's simply just good ol luck, or lack there of.
I followed LocuMob on the trip to Illinois in his 66. The weather was hot and humid and I know I was pushing water too. My idiot light never lit. Maintenance doesn't necessarily mean anything.

It appears others made it to the show in the same weather under their own power and returned home.

Two years ago I started up my '67 Monaco with LA318 for the first time in 20 years. It was parked in a storage unit during this time (concrete slab floor, drywall ceiling and walls, brick outer walls, roll-up metal door, probably a little drafty, not heated). Where I am, the ambient temps can range from -20 F to 90 F. Naturally I changed the oil before I started the car. Probably needed 1/2 quart of PS fluid, 2 quarts trans fluid (leakage over time). There was zero coolant leakage. During the few hours of engine run time and a dozen miles that I've put on the car since then, the coolant was still fine, engine temp was fine. Hoses were fine (I'll be putting in a new upper hose anyways). The rad is original but might have been overhauled back in '87 during my first R&R of this car. So it's copper with solder. Heater core has never been touched.

I did not drive the car much because it needed a new stub-frame, which it's getting now. As part of doing that, the rad / engine came out and all fluids drained and must be replaced. I'm trying to figure out what coolant I can put in there that can last another 20 years without eating the copper or solder.

This thread about coolant foaming looks interesting given the over-heating problem being discussed:

I thought I had made up my mind and was going to select Zerex Original Green, but after reading that thread and seeing the metal-loss test numbers (and the egg-beater foam testing) I think I'm going to use Zerex G05.

Last edited:
I'll just say Scott is a real person with real cars interacting in the real world with others of us who are real.
We talk about and show our cars on this site and in real life with each other.
And we have real people who will vouch for us and help even when it actually costs them something to do so.
And we don't set our fcbo profile to private.

It's an internet forum. We get all kinds. If Jakter doesn't want to share info, I get it. I am particular on what I share where and with whom... mine is pretty general itself.

Either way. let's all let it go, and we'll watch or help @LocuMob fix his car and let @Jakter do his thing.

I hope we're all here to get or share info on Mopars right?

LOL, why don't you tell the forum what you think you would do if you had access to information in someone's profile.
I'd love to look at all your well maintained, ready to roll cars in your profile garage of course.
What were you thinking?

Back