1967 Imperial Crown sedan - Reno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homerr

Reaction score
Contact seller
$1800

We have a 1967 Chrysler Crown Imperial for sale.
Body is straight, with one minor dent on the driver rear quarter panel. Near the wing.
It's got a 440 V8, 350 horsepower, 480 lb/ft of torque.
3 Speed Torqueflite Automatic Transmission.
Mint Green Exterior. Black leather interior, with Walnut trim throughout.
Power Windows, But three out of the four need some attention.
Seats have some wear, could use some seat covers. Odometer shows 69913 miles. Could be original but we're not sure. The transmission was rebuilt less than 100 miles ago.
Runs and drives great. Great Classic Hardtop for daily driver or restoration.

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4499180916.html

00101_imJdTqIcVpR_600x450.jpg00h0h_hEM9jmVsbM0_600x450.jpg01717_iL2p1D8Dw3r_600x450.jpg00D0D_iLoTs9O1AB6_600x450.jpg

00101_imJdTqIcVpR_600x450.jpg

00h0h_hEM9jmVsbM0_600x450.jpg

01717_iL2p1D8Dw3r_600x450.jpg

00D0D_iLoTs9O1AB6_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
No air is odd, but still not unusual, depending on where the car was bought new. If a Reno car new, it could go either way.

No air and no vinyl top but I like it and it looks like a fair price. No air is not total blasphemy!

I suspect non A.C. car. If it was A.C. then it would have some type of temp. control. Either way this is a "Steal".

Imp + No A/C = Blasphemy
Nice car tho........
Hey, I resemble that remark! My new LeBaron was ordered without AC. It was originally ordered in northeast PA. Probably wouldn't work anyway, so it's saving me a lot of hassle. LOL

I'll be the first one to admit, had I stayed in New England, A/C wouldn't be a requirement for me but it just seems weird that so many Imps didn't have them when literally every Caddy and Lincoln did.

Posted via Topify on Android

If anyone is interested I would be happy to go inspect this car for you. I live in Reno and am looking for a 1976-78 New Yorker St. Regis.

If anyone is interested I would be happy to go inspect this car for you. I live in Reno and am looking for a 1976-78 New Yorker St. Regis.

Look at Pittsburg C.L....in Akron a dealer has a '77 NY'r St Regis Coupe for less than 4K

[h=2]1977 Chrysler NEW YORKER - $3995 (Akron)[/h]
00404_iaJxOllmnmJ_600x450.jpg

That switch turns on what is basically a rear defogger, mine has the same thing.

Does it indicate rear heat? Mine has the rear heat option (and AC). You could apparently order rear heat or rear AC, but not both.

That is a nice car. If I had the space, I'd buy it for (gasp!) parts. Just what I need, to go from zero to two Imperials in less than a year.

There never was a rear heat option on any Chrysler.
There never was a rear A/C on any Formal.

I think it's time for a clarification.
There was a heated rear window Defogger. The warm air blowing through a vent thingie.
Later replaced by an electric rear window defroster. The wires in the glass thingie.

I beg to differ. My car has rear heat, and I believe that it has a rear heater core. I haven't inspected it personally, but there is a heater hose that runs aft which is blocked off (which suggests that my rear heater core is leaky). Rear AC cars were an option, and you can apparently tell which ones they are by the placement of the spare tire. The standard placement of the spare had to be moved more to the side to make way for it.

Edited to add: Page 1-13 of the FSM (sorry no screen shot today) has a section for "Rear Seat Heater" which gives installation instructions that have a first step of, "Position heater assembly in luggage compartment...."

So you're right. No Chrysler had them. But an Imperial is not a Chrysler. :)

Imp + No A/C = Blasphemy
Nice car tho........
I have one Imperial with manual crank windows, always thought that was weird

The mobile director package was such an expensive option there had to be a reason such as climate for it to not have AC

I think it's time for a clarification.
There was a heated rear window Defogger. The warm air blowing through a vent thingie.
Later replaced by an electric rear window defroster. The wires in the glass thingie.

When did that become heated? Most drew air from inside the cabin then blew it out onto the rear window. What years and models were heated?

When did that become heated? Most drew air from inside the cabin then blew it out onto the rear window. What years and models were heated?

The blower style is just that: a blower. There was no heater core for the blower rear defrost. It used ambient air. The inlet was on the parcel shelf and looked like a speaker cover, same or similar to the grille covering the fan outlet.

The rear seat heater had at least two IIRC, air outlets in the front of the base of the seat cushion. There was a heater core and plumbing back to it from the engine. I don't believe there was any control over the heat temperature, I believe the blower for it was about all the control there was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back