For Sale 1968 Chrysler 300 convertible 1278 original miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
forgot to update that the 300 is sold. was able to locate original documents and insurance paperwork stating actual miles from original owners son! thanks for all the input from everyone:eek:ccasion14:

forgot to update that the 300 is sold. was able to locate original documents and insurance paperwork stating actual miles from original owners son! thanks for all the input from everyone:eek:ccasion14:

Did it stay in Ohio?

Did someone on the forum buy the car??? If I didn't have so damn many vehicles, I'd have at least talked with you a bit on it. Congrats on the sale! I, for one, am NOT so quick as others to dismiss out-of-hand, claims of low mileage. Sometimes they actually DO have low miles!

Sounds like the documents were in place at the time of sale to back up the low mileage claim. Should have been there before the claim was made but still....

I thought about driving down to see it. He wasn't far from me via a nice county state road. I dropped the ball on this one.

how dos low miles on that mess increase its value? it doesnt

I hope the new owner does the rad support grille black out paint and proper paint treatment on the tail light panel (black or silver is correct depending on build date...although I prefer black).

I hope the new owner does the rad support grille black out paint and proper paint treatment on the tail light panel (black or silver is correct depending on build date...although I prefer black).

A friend of mine that is really good at body work/paint is taking a 1968 New Yorker fast top that has pretty much been gutted (he actually saved it from the derby guys) and wants to make it into a 1968 300 custom vehicle. He is wanting to know about swapping a set of 300 tail lights into that tail panel that is provisioned for New Yorker lamps and trim. He was wondering whether there is some kind of applique that goes between the tailights on the 300 or is that tail panel just painted with the 300 emblem added to complete the rear treatment (which is what it looks like to me based on the photos in this thread)? Does anyone know if that tail panel is unique to the 300 or is it the same as the New Yorker? I am thinking the tail panel is the same except the cutouts for New Yorker vs. 300 tail lights are different, and of course the holes drilled in the tail panel for different trim between the two models will be different. Thanks for any input.

I thought about driving down to see it. He wasn't far from me via a nice county state road. I dropped the ball on this one.

Yes you did... now we just have to go on our own formulated opinions on this low mileage car.....

Promise not to let this happen again!:rofl:

My other Polara has documented 98,000 original miles and looks like 400k
I had a 67 Valiant with less than 100k that also looked like 400k

No comment on this car, as soon as you start restoring a car the miles become moot point.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back