For Sale 1968 Chrysler Newport 4 Door Sedan - For Sale - $3000

EurekaSevven

Reaction score
Contact seller
I bought this car back in 2020 as a project car, but as time has gone on, my life has changed a lot and I can't really keep her around anymore. I want her to have a better home and someone that will take better care of her so I'm selling it now.

I would take a trade for it as well, for a good driver quality car - doesn't need to be perfect, just a driver.

It's got all the doohickeys off of the front of the motor (AC Compressor, Belts, Water Pump, etc.) so it will need to be towed, but it's a very solid car and I've had it in storage. I have a LOT of accessories with it. I bought a lot for this car, and it's all included. You can DM me for my number and we can work it out, I'm willing to negotiate.

Car is located in Western NC, up near Miller's Creek. I'm asking $3000

List of accessories included with it:
New entire timing kit for the motor (chain, seals, gaskets, gears)
Spark plugs and wires
Entire Disc Brakes (You'll either need to get new reman'd calipers or refurbish the ones I have with it - the spindles and rotors are already assembled and greased up though). Proportioning valve included, INCLUDING the very rare Bendix Brake Booster as well. It's the whole setup.
AM/FM Radio from a Chrysler New Yorker. I also have the plate for it - it's got the holes for A/C as well.
FSM and Electrical Routing books - the Electrical book in particular would be useful for a DIY job since it SHOWS you how everything is wired and routed inside the car's dashboard.
The extremely hard to find 1968 Chrysler Newport front grille emblem. Yes, it's included as well.
4 Barrel Carter AVS Carburetor along with the intake and brackets.
Cruise Control setup.

I got a few other knick-knacky stuff as well, I'll throw it in there.

Like I said, this was gonna be my dream project car, but life has changed and I hope to send her to a better home. If you decide to buy it and fix her up, please keep me posted on it! I'd love to see your work on it.

Here's the pictures:

pJOh494.jpg

hVwGyxm.jpg

UY9QYmx.jpg

CmHChRX.jpg

Oxt9QxO.jpg

GlfMcAi.jpg

EfGFoOo.jpg

wQqFELk.png

n807DD3.png

YWD2wQm.jpg

SyOMvtJ.jpg

Q6vSUXR.png

I8VwIUO.png

YV0vAHf.png

RbYIyTn.png

qN92MNH.png

QWFW0Sw.png

hKw8aXb.png

cMI19m9.png

Last edited:
Do you have the ability at this time to get the motor assembled and running?
If not would you be interested in trading for a running and driving car?

Depends entirely on what you got, but yes. I don't really have the time or the space to get the motor back together. It WAS a running and driving car however, not really an issue with the motor besides it being a bit leaky (due to it's age, naturally). That was why I had taken it apart, but life and having to get it moved (plus personal motivation) was a big hindrance.

What do you have to trade?

Depends entirely on what you got, but yes. I don't really have the time or the space to get the motor back together. It WAS a running and driving car however, not really an issue with the motor besides it being a bit leaky (due to it's age, naturally). That was why I had taken it apart, but life and having to get it moved (plus personal motivation) was a big hindrance.

What do you have to trade?
Well I'm in Oregon so I would have to go past a bunch of Newport and New Yorker sedans including the one 40 feet from my door and the one I have 10 miles east of here. But I think it's good info for the sale. If you have two hours to get it running good it's easier to sell, but if not and you will entertain a trade for a driver of some sort, it may be a good way for a potential buyer to get the car.

Understood. You do raise a good point, I'll add that in the post and add it here, I would absolutely be fine with a trade for a driver quality car.

Back