1968 Door Pull, any repair ideas?

mobboss

Reaction score
This is my 1968 300 drivers side door pull, the only real problem on the panel is this split in the one piece molded vinyl. As I see it, the blue piece was one piece vinyl formed then filled with foam and supports.

Has anyone found a good fix for this? All I could think of is a baseball stitched cover in a matching blue Vinyl, pulled tight over the foam and glued to the back.

Thank you for your knowledge,
Zach

IMG_1244.jpgIMG_1245.JPG

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1245.JPG

Unless you just have to have the original there are few places that sell them and they almost look original. If I remember they are pretty cheap. I replaced mime on my 68 300 convertible.

Im not opposed to a repop. do you recall the maker? and have you been happy with yours? not much to fail on it.

Thanks Red

PS I spent some years in ATX 85-90. got out before all hell broke loose!

yea up here we call them "Arm rest" I have a spare but it is for a passenger side. You shouldn't have a hard time truing to find another one all C-Bodies I think have the same size from like 65-73

I can't seem to find the website or ebay store, but didn't Bob Baker (same guy that makes the fiberglass seat backs) re-pop those?

FYI. Both of the armrests in my car were toast. I found a black and a blue one and re dyed them, and they still look great 2 years later. Don't worry about the color of the repop just dye them.

yea up here we call them "Arm rest" I have a spare but it is for a passenger side. You shouldn't have a hard time truing to find another one all C-Bodies I think have the same size from like 65-73
Actually I think some of the Chryslers have longer arm rests than standard.

Yeah have to measure them. Honestly I think I got mine on ebay but think legendary interiors may sell them as well.

I can not recall where I heard this but I thought that someone told be once that a B body armrest is the same length. If that's the case there won't be any difficult finding a repop. Classic Industries has a wonderful Mopar catalog, not a lot of C Body stuff but you'll have to learn to repurpose things for your C body.

No I have B body arm rest and they are smaller, But I got A arm rest out of a 71 fury and it worked for my 67 if the Chryslers were a bit longer then the other Cs as Fred said I wouldn't know.

Personally I'd give it a try to take out a bit of the foam in the ripped area until that hump is even, then glue the upper half of the Vinyl to the remainig foam, then probably throw it away unsatisfied and order the new ones. ;)

Your lower end b body, and fury I and II have the 9" front armrests. The common c bodys at least the slabsides have the 13" front armrests the same as the 66-70 dodge charger.

Thank you friends, I bought a set of white arm rests/door pulls and will Vinyl paint them to match the door panels. I appreciate the help and links.

Zach

Back