For Sale 1968 Fury Fast Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money shot right there, that's pretty freakin' awesome! Looks like a good project to start with, best of luck with the sale. There is also another tread on this car too..... link
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury fasttop 383 commando w/factory 4 speed (currently has 440)
So this was the fendertag...………..???
CE23..............:wideyed:
View attachment 355480
No. That is not the correct fender tag. I bought this car from the person who posted that back in 2014. I knew of this car before he had it a few years before that. When it popped up on Craigslist, I recognized it right away. When I went to look at it, the tag was already taken off. I think someone checked it out before me and informed him it was incorrect. This tag was in a box of some parts in the trunk when I bought the car. If you look close, you'll notice it"s a different color. That's when I started trying to track down the owner who did the paint work; I thought he may have the correct tag. I knew the person who owned it before the guy I bought it from. He bought it from the person who did the paint, but we couldn't track him down. That's as far as I got. But yes, that fender tag is from a Chrysler.

Could be the car was in a accident and the inner fender with the CE tag was a boneyard replacement as I think the inner fender is the same for 1968 whether it's a Dodge, Chrysler, or Plymouth. I know I used a inner fender from a 1968 Dodge Monaco on my 1968 Fury III.

Could be the car was in a accident and the inner fender with the CE tag was a boneyard replacement as I think the inner fender is the same for 1968 whether it's a Dodge, Chrysler, or Plymouth. I know I used a inner fender from a 1968 Dodge Monaco on my 1968 Fury III.
Possible, but it doesn't look like the inner fender has ever been out. And the paint under the tag and the screws match the rest of the car, where the tag is a little darker and a little more greenish than the car, so I definitely think it was installed after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back