For Sale 1968 Town & Country - OR

Status
Not open for further replies.
That car is too nice to modify for the 300 front clip Chris wants to put on a 68 T/C wagon. ;) I know he wants one that is nice, but not so nice and original that there would be an outcry if he put the 300 front end on it.

Yes Brian is right. This car needs to be left alone. I need one that needs paint and wood grain anyway. Also the price would have to reflect that.

Isn't it easier to use a 67 TC for this conversion? Before I bought my 68 TC (had the same dream about the 68 TC/300 conversion) I looked up all the parts necessary to do it and also looked into using a 67 (there was one for sale locally)
If you use a 67 TC than it already has the correct fenders and fender extensions (PN 2582584-5) The 68 TC tail lights should fit in the 67 TC rear extensions (The part numbers for the rear extensions are the same for 67 and 68 (2664284-5)) The only thing I'm not sure about is the tailgate, they have different part numbers but the design is the same, so it's not certain that the 68 tailgate trim/panel will fit on the 67. I prefer this conversion because I like the 67 interior more than the 68 interior, but that's a matter of taste.

Here's one still for sale in CA http://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/4740625290.html that is loaded with options (also see http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/showthread.php?15257-CL-ad-Loaded-1967-T-amp-C-4800 )

Problem with using the 67 is no wood grain and I think the tail lights on the 68 are way nicer looking. The 67's are too plain. I have a complete 68 parts car with a perfect front clip so the conversion will be a piece of cake. Just need the 68 to do it to!

The absence of wood grain is also a reason why I like the 67 more, I agree with the 68 tail lights (and trim)

WP_20140609_017.jpg

WP_20140609_017.jpg

I'm not a SW guy but after reading this thread I could be tempted. Those cars are the majestic aircraft carriers of the roadways.

SW's can be beautiful, a 68 300 TC is my favorite
cool.jpg
It would even be better with the whole front of a 68 300, never seen a pic of that or heard that someone really did it, I hope azblackhemi makes one

cool.jpg

Is that a 68 TC with a 68 300 grille swapped in? Or are there other parts changed? I'm not sold on the wheels, but the hideaway grill looks great on that body!!

SW's can be beautiful, a 68 300 TC is my favorite
View attachment 43103
It would even be better with the whole front of a 68 300, never seen a pic of that or heard that someone really did it, I hope azblackhemi makes one

Yes, that's a 68 TC with the grill and head lights of a 68 300, to finish it one should also exchange the fenders, hood and bumper. This one was for sale on CL about a year ago, didn't save the pics or info but it was at best in a #4 condition.

That 68 T/C wagon with the 300 grille added is the reason I had to have one of these 68 T/C wagons myself! That car is/was called "Sled" and I have a bunch of photos from on-line sources of this car....also a bunch sent from the fellow who built the car. It's been around for at least 10 years?

We e-mailed a bit back and forth when I tried to install my 68 300 grille into my wagon like he did. I eventually went back to the original set-up since I couldn't get it to look "right". I have been gathering a few more parts to try this conversion again.

I'll second this question, though maybe with a different end thought. I love the grill in that body style. If the grill could be made to work with the existing fenders and hood, I'm not tied to a complete 300 wagon. Just the grill swap looks great to me. And if the swap could be done without having to repaint the car, all the better.

What were the problems Brian?

Posted via Topify on Android

If I do this conversion I want to try and make it look as "factory" as possible. One of the biggest issues is the width and angle of the 300 grille not meshing cleanly with the fenders. As well as not sitting cleanly against the bumper and it's filler panels. Also the grill has to be trimmed slightly to sit back far enough back into the existing grill "cavity". Then there is hood and rad support clearance issues with the flip up headlight doors....etc, etc.

If I get on this conversion again it will require a fair amount of modification, and customizing. Just not sure if I'm ready to start cutting up my wagon.

In other words you need a front clip from a 300?...

Posted via Topify on Android

Nope....I'll leave that to Chris. ;) But I did pick up fenders and a hood from a 68 300 a while back...doubt I'll use them though.

I will probably get this conversion done eventually, I have been leaning towards pulling out the cutting wheels lately....heck it's only metal and an old car. ;) And it's not like the wagon is all original, never molested, and a numbers matching survivor car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back