WANTED 1969 Chrysler 300 front valance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm not complaining. It's just funny how a lot of posts on FCBO usually go off subject like this one did.
BTW, bring the part if you got it by then.:thumbsup:

Excellent... wish I was closer to you fella's. That sounds like a great time.

Um, the only reason I clicked on this thread was because curiosity had me wondering how a simple parts thread gets 24 posts.

Now I see its a chi-town party. I see a lot of city names I recognize as Zenith (TV) model names... which then reminds me... Do any of you guys know "TV Doug" from Downers Grove? He has 3 Mopars (two are C's, a '65 Newport and '71 Fury) as well as some other old-timey cars.

Um, the only reason I clicked on this thread was because curiosity had me wondering how a simple parts thread gets 24 posts.

Now I see its a chi-town party. I see a lot of city names I recognize as Zenith (TV) model names... which then reminds me... Do any of you guys know "TV Doug" from Downers Grove? He has 3 Mopars (two are C's, a '65 Newport and '71 Fury) as well as some other old-timey cars.

I do not know TV Doug, but Downers Grove is just south of me.Ill keep my eye for him.

And I fondly remember Zenith. My father worked at the Rauland plant in Melrose Park in the 70's.

zenith.jpg

I do not know TV Doug, but Downers Grove is just south of me.Ill keep my eye for him.

And I fondly remember Zenith. My father worked at the Rauland plant in Melrose Park in the 70's.

View attachment 145345

(It's super hard to take a decent pic of a TV with a BlackBerry cheapo phone) but this is the second newest TV in my all-Zenith house (1978). Gets used every night to watch Hogan's Heros before bed. The newest is a '90, and that just runs all day playing shows about talking trains and dinosaurs that ride trains (for my daughter).

Anyway, Doug looks like Drew Carey before he got wierd and LA-skinny. His '65 is a cream-yellow 4dr and the '71 is a med-green coupe. He also has a green '71 Coronet sedan.

IMG_20170827_091829_edit_edit.jpg

(It's super hard to take a decent pic of a TV with a BlackBerry cheapo phone) but this is the second newest TV in my all-Zenith house (1978). Gets used every night to watch Hogan's Heros before bed. The newest is a '90, and that just runs all day playing shows about talking trains and dinosaurs that ride trains (for my daughter).

Anyway, Doug looks like Drew Carey before he got wierd and LA-skinny. His '65 is a cream-yellow 4dr and the '71 is a med-green coupe. He also has a green '71 Coronet sedan.

View attachment 145346

that's awesome!! I still have a Zenith big screen (one of their last gasps before being bought out) that is used for a backup at work and I have a VHS/DVD combo 19" stashed away in the basement.

that's awesome!! I still have a Zenith big screen (one of their last gasps before being bought out) that is used for a backup at work and I have a VHS/DVD combo 19" stashed away in the basement.

This should be required reading for Chicagoians.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0899308805/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Description
Product description

This work traces the history and background of the once great American consumer electronics manufacturing industry, an industry that was plagued and finally destroyed by an American-Japanese cartel subverting enforcement of our traditional trade laws. The work is not a Japan-bashing diatribe, but a call for changes in Washington, and a return to free trade in our domestic and foreign commerce.

About the Author

PHILIP J. CURTIS is a semi-retired Corporate and Civil Litigation Lawyer with over 40 years experience. Mr. Curtis was educated at Regis University and at Georgetown University, and has been active both with the federal government and in private practice. He participated in many of the actions described in the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back