NOT MINE 1969 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron - 2 Door Coupe - $5,000 (Jefferson Park)

coco

Reaction score

1720180036692.jpeg

1720180056469.jpeg

1720180071973.jpeg

1720180098972.jpeg

1720180145454.jpeg

1720180159101.jpeg

That's not gonna last long. I'm really curious as to what the other car he bought with this one was, given that this is the one he chose not to keep, the other one must be even more desirable.

Does anyone know if these cars came from the factory with the plastic splash guard behind the valance? It looks like it's meant to be there, not just reused from another model. Modern LX's, 300's Chargers, and Magnums, came with them. Yet when perusing the junkyards, you'll be hard pressed to find one.

the one ('69's) with the "gills". and a "coo-pay' to boot :)

indeed a bargain when I am playing the game vicariously.

third thing i am passing on in past 7 days :(

hope it finds a good home. shouldn't last much past the weekend i reckon.

YM23K9C283777

This is a cream puff! Looks like an easy car to get back on the road.
Title really hurts the purchase of the car. Especially from Chicago.

This car has been in storage since 1980. I recently bought 2 cars from an 85yo man and this is what he told me about the cars -
his father owned these 2 cars and due to an accident in 1980 was unable to drive, he parked both cars in a an insulated and heated garage with hopes to drive again or perhaps to pass down to family, he eventually passed away and his son didn't care for the older cars so he just left them in the garage.. last year the heater stopped working and now he is planning to sell the house so he needed to get them out.
I bought both cars from him but its going to be too much work to get them both running so I decided to sell one and keep the other. here are details about this car -
The car was undercoated before storage although a lot of its worn off aside from the expected surface rust, there are no holes or damage from rust underneath. The fenders, wheel wells, door jams all have no rust.. The only damage is scratches on the drivers side rear fender looks like it was rubbed against something, see pics..
There are 67, 000 miles on the car, everything is original, so the paint has some a few chips and shows wear - This car would be a perfect daily driver or you can paint it and make it perfect..
In 1969 Chrysler made 22,000 Imperials only 1617 of those were sedans with the LeBaron package and with optional bucket seats. The Leather seats are in excellent condition and this car has the bucket seats with the passenger seat option to also lay back.. The LeBaron package came with a custom vinyl top that wraps around the back window making it slightly smaller and with vanity lights inside, The Vinyl top is in Excellent Condition with no rust or damage, it looks amazingly beautiful for its age!!
I'm only selling this car because its going to be too much work and time to get both cars up and running, so I decided to just keep one car. Since the car has been sitting for 40+ years at minimum it will need the gas tank flushed/cleaned, radiator flushed/cleaned, belts, hoses, vacuum lines, tune up etc....
Unfortunately he could not find the titles or keys for both cars and when I checked with the state there are no records of these cars since they were unregistered for so long, The only way to get a title is to post a bond with the state, I have all the paperwork ( for Illinois) and an appraisal from Hemmings. I would prefer to sell the car to someone who wants to fix it up and keep it, this would also make it easier to get the title if your not just looking to resell it.
I was able to take the ignition out and had a locksmith make a key but I do not have a key for the doors or trunk.
The tires were flat but three of them are holding air and I replaced the other, the car is on wheel dollies so it can be pushed out of my garage to get onto a tow truck. I will help as best I can with any pick up arrangements.

if you're interested in the car message me or send me your number and I can tell you more details about the car. I'm located in Chicago about 5 miles east of Ohare Airport.

YM23K9C283777.jpg

I'd jump on this car.
Now that this car has gotten a Best Buy by many in FCBO, a troll will grab it by Sunday. Just a guess.

It's in my back yard figuratively speaking, but I'm out if town.

View attachment 669745

View attachment 669746

View attachment 669747

View attachment 669748

View attachment 669749

View attachment 669750

This is pretty much exactly the car I've been looking for.

Having dealt with the state of Illinois on old car titles in the past,

The lack of paperwork kills it for me.

If he has the ignition key, that should do the doors. Unless they installed new ignition tumbler. I'd love to bring it home.

I messaged with the guy the night he listed it for sale. He said he had someone else who called before me, but said, "I was second in line". I said okay just let me know. Now I just got notification the price has been raised $1,000.

Eh, I shouldn't be buying anything else anyways.

Screenshot_20240706-202232~2.png

I messaged with the guy the night he listed it for sale. He said he had someone else who called before me, but said, "I was second in line". I said okay just let me know. Now I just got notification the price has been raised $1,000.

Eh, I shouldn't be buying anything else anyways.

View attachment 669947
It may be wrong, but still a good price. If a flipper buys it, we'll see it re-listed at $15K.

Back