For Sale 1969 Plymouth Fury Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't trust it's condition... the only car they are selling cheaper is $4500 and NOT sexy...
Agreed. Classic car vendors rarely under-price their stuff, esp a convertible. And even if *everybody* assumes there must be something wrong with it when in fact it's a good buy, some non-car-expert will buy it.

cantflip said:
I wouldn't trust it's condition... the only car they are selling cheaper is $4500 and NOT sexy...

Agreed. Classic car vendors rarely under-price their stuff, esp a convertible. And even if *everybody* assumes there must be something wrong with it when in fact it's a good buy, some non-car-expert will buy it.

Agree fury fan .Maybe the dealer just doesn't think the conv is sexy or has dealt with cheap nit picking C body guys long enough to decide to just price low and get rid of it. :)

I took a ride out to Watertown Mn.to look at the car. The car has been repainted in stock color at some point. The current owner is daughter of 2/3rd owner, due to death. It has not run in the past year due to tow hooks puncturing gas tank. Front clip looks good, fenders appear solid, no rust around arch and bottom seem sound were they normally are rusted through. Engine compartment relatively clean. Windshield Trim good condition, windshield though has wiper scratching. Interior dash cracked, seat covers good. Carpet needs replacing seems dry, could not see floor pan, but frame rails seem good. Know the bad, surface rust on pinch weld at the bottom of quarters, but the forward legs seem solid, inner wheel housing solid. Trunk though has seen water and has tar paper hiding the trunk floor pan. Original floor mat though. Could be as it seems to be, looks like a good solid driver restoration canidate

20160523_123401.jpg

20160523_121847.jpg

20160523_123414.jpg

20160523_122924.jpg

20160523_121834.jpg

20160523_123548.jpg

PS bottom photo fire wall brace at frame rail, my 69 had lots of rust both sides. Love smart phone cameras for tight places. If any one is intersted, am in Minneapolis till Friday, car is 30mln awaym

thanks for the pics.
Doesn't look bad considering it is at a dealership

Carsten

Wonderwagon, thanks for checking this out, man I love it. Jamaica Blue Poly with a white top. IMO white interior would be better but the blue is cool too. The only thing I don't like is the 904 trans. I don't know how easy it would be to find a B7 dash pad but I think this is very restorable. Wish I had room for this one. This is a great car at a good price. Hope someone here gets it.

I'm not sure it Matters, but isn't the 318 in 69 supposed to be red?
I agree, MyMopar.com shows that 69 318's should have been red. I don't have any Mopar documentation on engine paint, and have seem some mistakes on mymopar but not many. This car was build Feb 24, 1969 but IMO, that's not late enough to think that the engine plant would have switched to blue but that's a guess.

1969 Plymouth Sport Fury In Watertown MN - Hooked On Classics
The wheels are Motor Wheel Exicters.
Motor Wheel Exciter 14X7 rims 4.5 X5 Dodge Plymouth AMC FORD MAG WHEELS vintage
I saw this car a year ago when I was out for Mopars at the Park. It was sitting outside then and it looks like it is still sitting outside a year later. It was cold and raining so I didn't get a close look at it, but the "nice" cars were sitting inside their showroom. I should have bought the survivor 67 Town and Country they had in their showroom...
From the looks of the other so-so cars on their site, I'm guessing this car needs a lot ....

what is the significance of that VON?

I'm unsure right now.

I have no other 905*** cars in my STL or Lynch Road data bases. I'll check other tags to see if I have any others. I have one source that lists 90**** as 'Special Order". The VON on this car signifies it was built outside of normal production for some type of special use, but I do not know exactly what that would be right now.

Research continues.....

I have tags for a 68 R/T and 69 and 70 RRs built in STL (2 on my cars). Would they be of interest to you and do you think you can tell me anything about them based on the build dates and VONs?

I also have a super bird 440 short block that just has the serial number :)

I have tags for a 68 R/T and 69 and 70 RRs built in STL (2 on my cars). Would they be of interest to you and do you think you can tell me anything about them based on the build dates and VONs?

I also have a super bird 440 short block that just has the serial number :)

Each fender tag is a unique piece of a very large puzzle. When you put them all together, the big picture starts to emerge. When you put enough tag data together, you can start to answer specific questions about details i.e. what do SO's and VONs mean, what color combinations are common and which are not, how did the factory code certain things on a tag, when did production start and end at what plant for what model year, what is the highest VIN known for 78 C bodies, etc.

I'll always take pictures of, or actual, any tags anyone wants to offer.

For 68 and 69, in general, if the SO/VON starts with a 0 to 6, the car is a typical, usual, garden variety standard build. Once you get into the 7s, 8's and 9's that's when the SO/VON starts to indicate the car was built for a special purpose or end user. There are exceptions and caveats, especially when dealing with special order cars for Canada, export, package cars, etc but the above applies to most cars.

Here are some known SOs/VONs that were compiled by another source. The lists are neither complete nor exhaustive but it gives you an idea as to how some SOs/VONs were used:
69_74_VON.jpg
68_SON.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back