For Sale 1969 Plymouth RoadRunner $2700

Status
Not open for further replies.

whereever these pricenumbers come from (hagerty?) and usually work they can not be really used on Mopar Muscle cars where it really goes into detail if you want to mess with them.

Things like "Numbers matching engine", documentation of colour and options (fender tag/broadcastsheet) play a major role.
As well as certain colours (ie Hi Impact colours or black)

Despite from that there are bunches of mistakes in the listing.
There was no 440 with a 4bbl officially available for the 69 model year Road Runner (just the 440+6).
There was no 3-speed manual available on the 69 RR, the 4speed was standart.

The 3-speed manual was introduced for the 1970 model year on the RR and Super Bee as standart transmission

Carsten

where ever these price/numbers come from (hagerty?)

Collector car value guide. Usually the most up to date GUIDE available.
Hagertys guide is for insurance values which are usually 40% higher than market value.

I would assume the price is negotiable but even at the asking price there's room to build a high quality OEM style clone or tribute car. So what if the colors are changed to a different 69 color. Do it right and your investment will be safe. (So long as you don't just sign checks).

Collector car value guide. Usually the most up to date GUIDE available.
Hagertys guide is for insurance values which are usually 40% higher than market value.

I would assume the price is negotiable but even at the asking price there's room to build a high quality OEM style clone or tribute car. So what if the colors are changed to a different 69 color. Do it right and your investment will be safe. (So long as you don't just sign checks).

the collector car value guide might be fine for 90% of the general cars but again is not correct in case of Muscle cars IF it goes into detailed options etc.

A 69 383 RR, one of 80.000 buillt and rotten as this one with no docs (Tag/Sheet) is a big desaster. Even if the work is done properly no one will spent 50K+ for it as there is no documentation for the originality

Carsten

[QUOTE="fc7_plumcrazy
A 69 383 RR, one of 80.000 buillt and rotten as this one with no docs (Tag/Sheet) is a big desaster. Even if the work is done properly no one will spent 50K+ for it as there is no documentation for the originality
[/QUOTE]

Documentation is over rated. It's important to the purest but there are a whole bunch of money folks out there who like what see and buy on impulse. Just watch the TV auctions. Do this car right and it will find a buyer, and turn a profit.
I wouldn' be afraid of it, I've fixed worse.

Simple questions from a simple mind...
What year is it? (No not the car)
Why hasn't someone already taken it under his wing and rebuilt by now?
Why was the engine removed knowing that this car is supposedly worth a fortune when restored?
This is not 1972, when it was common place to just junk these cars. This thing is a total piece of crap, call me down or whatever but get your heads out of the sky, take off your those rose colored glasses and see it for what it is, PLEASE
If this thing had any possibilities of being restored it would have happened LONG ago. That's why it's here and not on the for b bodies site. Every conceivable useful part has been removed plus the fender tag, no title no nothing, this is a refugee from the scrap yard. Get over it and stop dreaming. Sorry.... rant over

[QUOTE="fc7_plumcrazy

Documentation is over rated. It's important to the purest but there are a whole bunch of money folks out there who like what see and buy on impulse. Just watch the TV auctions. Do this car right and it will find a buyer, and turn a profit.
I wouldn' be afraid of it, I've fixed worse.
[/QUOTE]

I know you come from a different point of view Will.
Despite my love for 69-72 Fuselages I am deeply into 68-71 B-Bodies.
I would never touch a car without fender tag/Broadcastsheet (I wouldn't buy a colour change car either but that is another story). But it is not only me but many other friends/people I know in the B-body hobby. Every educated buyer knows what he has to take care of. Also a reason for many faked fender tags (something we don't have to deal with C-bodys yet).

Of course there are guys out there with no clue and some of them might spent a lot of many for a not documented car because they simply like it but IMHO that is nothing someone should count on.

Carsten

What does 2700 buy you these days in the 2 door, 68-70 B-body world? Not much, other B's like 68-70 chargers bring up to the 7500 range for a car in similar condition car. While most wont touch a car like this, there are many who hunt and purchase cars like this one. Why, because there aren't many left, and there is quite a demand for them. Most will go the 440 route with an RV engine, or 6.1-6.4 . Add 5-9k for re-pop sheet metal parts, and it gets a new lease on life. Some buyers do not care about originality, but they want cool factor. By the way, 70 still rules! :poke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back