FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score

1721488423689.png
1721488408400.png
1721488447896.png
1721488463573.png
1721488484668.png
1721488502045.png

Chrysler 300 1970 6000 miles original entreposé 30 ans jamais restauré seul le moteur a été rebâtie lors de sa sortie. Même les pneus sont ceux d’origine un vrai de vrai survivant. Intérieur Bucket seat blanc comme neuf , extérieur peinture d’origine aucune rouille , le toit de vinyle est propre mais craqué.A voir je ne l’ai pas encore fait évaluer donc le prix est sujet a révision suite à l’évaluation.
1970 Chrysler 300 6000 original miles stored for 30 years never restored only engine was rebuilt when it came out. Even the tires are the original ones a true true survivor. Interior Bucket seat white like new, exterior original paint no rust, vinyl roof is clean but cracked. Apparently I haven't had it appraised yet so the price is subject to revision after appraisal.
Translated from French

1721488359394.png

1721488377272.png

After appraisal, new price will be $32,500. :stop:

Underhood, door hinges and what seems to be damage at the corner of the white vinyl on the doorpost suggest this is not a 6000-mile car, but a cared-for 106. JMO.
Passenger front tire - I believe the groove at the edge is a later design idea, later than 1970, so IMO not original tires.

But looks quite nice and likely a great car.

After appraisal, new price will be $32,500. :stop:

Underhood, door hinges and what seems to be damage at the corner of the white vinyl on the doorpost suggest this is not a 6000-mile car, but a cared-for 106. JMO.
Passenger front tire - I believe the groove at the edge is a later design idea, later than 1970, so IMO not original tires.

But looks quite nice and likely a great car.

I don't know, that looks like a brand spanking' new interior to me. Body is amazing! Paint is great, the bumper to hood rubber looks like new. I believe this could be a true survivor, minus the wheels and tires. Engine must have been stuck after sitting so long that it required a rebuild? I'm surprised the ad is still up.

If you look at the white vinyl closely, it's got some yellowing at the driver's shoulder. But I presume that is due to age/time, not mileage.
The seats in a 70 300 I once owned looked just as good as these at 93k when I sold it - so 106k isn't much further.

But this looks like a worn spot, and I can't imagine that happening in only 6000 miles, unless a 400-lb driver was rubbing on the way in/out?
Plus - it was stored for 30 years, so that was 1994. If so, it was only driven 6000 miles in the first 24 years? That's a story in itself.

But it's all irrelevant, as I'm not in the market for it.

I wonder what that oilchange sticker shows?

1722106850532.png

I’m inclined to believe it’s a well looked after car with 106 thousand miles on the clock. That’s 170 thousand kilometers. If it was put into storage in 1994 or so, it would mean it was somebody’s go to church kind of vehicle. Driven only on special occasions, that is. I’ve seen that happen. My father’s car was like that.

i think for 32,5 K it has 2 to many doors, if you want a really cool 70 300 2 door red ,white interior black top 57 K miles 90% original paint ,ps pb disks pw cc ac p-trunk buckets console rimblow tilt / tell, corning light,
road wheels & lots more call me or pm me

If you look at the white vinyl closely, it's got some yellowing at the driver's shoulder. But I presume that is due to age/time, not mileage.
The seats in a 70 300 I once owned looked just as good as these at 93k when I sold it - so 106k isn't much further.

But this looks like a worn spot, and I can't imagine that happening in only 6000 miles, unless a 400-lb driver was rubbing on the way in/out?
Plus - it was stored for 30 years, so that was 1994. If so, it was only driven 6000 miles in the first 24 years? That's a story in itself.

But it's all irrelevant, as I'm not in the market for it.

I wonder what that oilchange sticker shows?

View attachment 674603
I can't tell if it has shoulder belts, but if it does, that could be where the belt would hit when removed. (The shoulder belts were separate and stowed along the headliner.)

I can't tell if it has shoulder belts, but if it does, that could be where the belt would hit when removed. (The shoulder belts were separate and stowed along the headliner.)
Good point - very few people carefully release3 the belt, we just push the button and let 'em fly. (well, not on early pull-to-cinch lap belts)

i think for 32,5 K it has 2 to many doors, if you want a really cool 70 300 2 door red ,white interior black top 57 K miles 90% original paint ,ps pb disks pw cc ac p-trunk buckets console rimblow tilt / tell, corning light,
road wheels & lots more call me or pm me
I was joking about the $32.5, the seller said they were going to get it appraised, I jokingly said that would be the new price.

I guess all those 6,000 miles were on dirt roads, way to much inner fender grime for a 6k car.

6k.Miles.Engine.Bay.001.jpg

Love the GM 'Lid Flip' for better performance, no seriously, the air cleaner housing doesn't appear to have the 100k+ rash on the front of it but if the engine was out a re-spray of it could be possible. Compare the clean black of the air cleaner vs the dirty black of the AC compressor. Radiator seems new too, I don't see any numbers on the top tank, replacement?
Anyone else?
Who knows... but is a car someone with experienced eyes should look at (on a lift). Maybe it will show up on BaT with a Plus @$429 or White Glove 'Inquire' picture treatment so all us keyboard warriors can have a 'field day' LOL

6k.Miles.Engine.Bay.002.jpg

(edit)

Wrong battery in it too.

6k.Miles.Engine.Bay.003.jpg

Last edited:
The air filter has circular perforations to its guarding.
Can you even get an air filter like that anymore?
Meaning - did they rebuild the engine and put the old filter on it?

Back