NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 , Red Deer Alberta $ 26,500

Welder guy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1812090095740455/permalink/3426054961010619/?mibextid=6ojiHh
1970 Chrysler 300.
IMG_2914.jpeg
IMG_2913.jpeg
IMG_2912.jpeg
IMG_2915.jpeg
IMG_2916.jpeg
IMG_2917.jpeg
IMG_2918.jpeg

@marko @boostedvan @c-barge -- do we know this car? It strongly reminds me of the red U-code 300 'vert shown below, that one of you knows -- could it be the same car? (front plates are the same style but have different nbrs, and yet...):

1684028626305.png

Last edited:
@marko @boostedvan @c-barge -- do we know this car? It strongly reminds me of the red U-code 300 'vert shown below, that one of you knows -- could it be the same car? (front plates are the same style but have different nbrs, and yet...):

View attachment 596858
Wasn't this car in an estate sale? Then maybe flipped?? I remember it as being north of the border or close to it.

Wasn't this car in an estate sale? Then maybe flipped?? I remember it as being north of the border or close to it.
I have four ER6 red U-code 300 'verts in my little dataset. I don't have records of any one of them being flipped, so would be grateful if you could find the link to the car that you have in mind?

Note that this is not CM27UOC102170 -- different engine bay look and this one has a RHS rearview mirror. @antonellomopar can confirm

This is not the TNT that @boostedvan owns either -- that one is missing her tag, and the search continues for a build sheet.

The third one I know is in the States. I have been sworn to secrecy about that car, till it is ready to get back in the limelight.

The fourth is the one that I showed in the two pics above (kindly sent to me by a member two years ago, when I started the directory of 1970 TNT 'verts).

BUT...

This one for sale in Red Deer is NOT red -- the seller just shared the tag with me, and CM27U0C205952 was born EB3 blue. Some of the original color can be seen at the edges in the photo below:

1684075230239.png

Here is a decode:

E86 = 440-4 Barrel High Performance
D32 = A-727 TorqueFlite Transmission

C = Chrysler
M = Medium (300)
27 = 2 Door Convertible

U = 440 375HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
0 = 1970 (Model Year)
C = Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA (Plant)

205952 Sequence Number '217854'

--> the VIN is CM27U0C205952

EB3 = Paint Code: Light Blue Metallic
M6XW =Interior Trim Grade/Style/Color
M = Medium
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
XW = White Vinyl / Black Dash & Floors

EW1 = Upper Door Frame Color: White
313 = Scheduled Build Date: 3 / 13 / 1970
C26034 Vehicle Order Number (the C that starts the VON indicates a Canadian-market car)

V3W White Vinyl Top
R48 Power Antenna
R31 Duel Rear Speaker w/ R85
P31 Power Windows

L31 Hood / Fender Mount Turn Signal
C21 Buddy Seat

B51 Power Drum Brakes
G11 Tinted Glass (all windows)
V5X Accent Stripes - Black

S61 Tilt Telescopic Steering Wheel

Last edited:
Beautiful car. The paint on the engine looks fresh enough that the engine probably has been out of the car at some time. Also the firewall is painted black. Shouldn’t it be red? A very tempting machine, nevertheless.

the fact that the seller is using a pic of another car's odometer makes me lose interest in dealing with the guy

the fact that the seller is using a pic of another car's odometer makes me lose interest in dealing with the guy
I reached out to the seller. He checked right away and said that he'd mistakenly copied the pic from another vehicle he sold in the past instead of the proper odometer. The mileage on the Chrysler is 45,274 and not 30 something.

Looks like a honest mistake to me -- I've seen that happen before.

I don't have records of any one of them being flipped, so would be grateful if you could find the link to the car that you have in mind?
I looked and can't find it.

A lot of these are blurring together... So I could be mistaken. Possibly not a convertible, but I seem to remember there was an appraiser involved that didn't do his job.

What is intriguing, is that this car is very similar to CM27T0C247921, which was also from Red Deer (not originally, but of late). Seems to be a lot of nice, well optioned C-bodies around there. Any explanation as to why this would be?

Best part its not an AC car! Lovely to get a full few of that beautiful orange 440!

Interestingly it has a 26" radiator. Tow package car possibly?

Best part its not an AC car! Lovely to get a full few of that beautiful orange 440!

Interestingly it has a 26" radiator. Tow package car possibly?

its a U code TNT so i believe it would have had the increased cooling capacity, all the TNTs ive seen had the 26"

But by that logic the V-code 6bbl cars should have a 26" rad as well but they all have 22".
as i said " all the TNTs i have seen" and thats in Chryslers, i havent seen enough 6bbl GTs to comment on their rads

What is intriguing, is that this car is very similar to CM27T0C247921, which was also from Red Deer (not originally, but of late). Seems to be a lot of nice, well optioned C-bodies around there. Any explanation as to why this would be?
Alberta (the province Red Deer is in) has always had a lot of oil money and the 70's where a boom. Crosstown Motors in Edmonton which is a few hours north of Red Deer sold a lot of high dollar Mopar products back in the day even more so considering the population at the time.

Back