For Sale 1970 Chrysler Imperial 2 door $5.5k not mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Plan is to hire a team in Poland to make the restoration starting from August when the car will arrive. I am currently thinking and jotting down stuff that needs to done.

That one will be gone soon I think.
On a boat trip probably :p

Gosh, I must be clairvoyant. :lol:

Good luck with it Jari, from what I can see, it looks like a good deal. :thumbsup:

Hello Jari

Congratulations! Car looks GREAT, and original, and an amazing buy at the price!
So many C-bodies come over here, that I hope we can do a "Scandinavian C-Body" meet soon..!

About restoring in Poland, I've been there, and MY project went "pretty far south".. (you can read abt the project here somewhere.. maybe it was in my welcome wagon post), and it might be a good idea for you to read about MY setbacks, in order to be better suited to avoid similar problems.

I am NOT saying that the Polish garages are frauds.. far from that, but that I was unlucky, and as I only want the best for my fellow C-body enthusiasts, I write this with the best intentions!

I assume that you already take SOME precautions, such as getting agreements in writing aso, but I also recommend to follow the process closely, so that you can react to issues early on, in a specific process! Polish law can be a real drag, so it's very important to chose the right partner / restorer.
BTW, I have a set of good fender skirts (incl trim) for sale here in Denmark, if you need them, (and yes.. you do :lol: ),..! I bought them from the good sir Tallhair right here on FCBO, thinking I could use them for my 300, but they don't fit the wheel opening, as they are off an Imperial. Will sell for the same reasonable price I paid Tallhair, plus a little for tax/shipping.. (And yes, I am still looking for a set, which fits my 300.. ;-)

Congratulations again, and good luck!

fender skirts.jpg

Congratulations Jari on getting the car. It sounds like you are serious about getting everything restored properly. Please keep us posted here.

Hello Jari

Congratulations! Car looks GREAT, and original, and an amazing buy at the price!
So many C-bodies come over here, that I hope we can do a "Scandinavian C-Body" meet soon..!

About restoring in Poland, I've been there, and MY project went "pretty far south".. (you can read abt the project here somewhere.. maybe it was in my welcome wagon post), and it might be a good idea for you to read about MY setbacks, in order to be better suited to avoid similar problems.

I am NOT saying that the Polish garages are frauds.. far from that, but that I was unlucky, and as I only want the best for my fellow C-body enthusiasts, I write this with the best intentions!

I assume that you already take SOME precautions, such as getting agreements in writing aso, but I also recommend to follow the process closely, so that you can react to issues early on, in a specific process! Polish law can be a real drag, so it's very important to chose the right partner / restorer.
BTW, I have a set of good fender skirts (incl trim) for sale here in Denmark, if you need them, (and yes.. you do :lol: ),..! I bought them from the good sir Tallhair right here on FCBO, thinking I could use them for my 300, but they don't fit the wheel opening, as they are off an Imperial. Will sell for the same reasonable price I paid Tallhair, plus a little for tax/shipping.. (And yes, I am still looking for a set, which fits my 300.. ;-)

Congratulations again, and good luck!

View attachment 295853

70 Imperials were not equipped wit fender skirts, but they had wheel well moldings instead.

Btw. conratulations Jari!

I saw that car in person. Unless Poland has perfected time-travel, I hope you're shipping a 70 Chrysler coupe from AZ at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back