For Sale 1970 Chrysler Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know why. Just looked at the original eBay ad; price was changed to "Best Offer" and there is a "SOLD" notice on it. Well good for him, but I would like to know for how much?

Probably $10K, and if it is as good as it looks, worth every penny.

Probably $10K, and if it is as good as it looks, worth every penny.

I was interested in this car and placed a few offers but the seller would not take a penny less then $9k. I spoke with him directly and it sold to a guy down in Florida. Very nice well kept car with low miles but I opted to not buy the car because shipping to NJ would cost an additonal $800 and didnt want to spend that much on a car sight unseen, though after seeing that underbelly shot I might have reconsidered passing up on the car. Anyways I ended up finding a local connecticut car on craigslist for $2500 in the same Citron gold but with black vinyl top and black interior. AC PS, PB, AM Radio, Light Group. Nice solid car with some rust and dents but easily restorable. Will need body work, new paint and top but I am having it currently worked on. These cars are going up in value. I also saw a listing for another very similar 1970 Newport from florida on ebay that sold for $9200.

It says it sold for twelve five.
It's a nice looking car and non vinyl top two door fuseys are difficult to locate. .

FWIW paying for shipping of the right car is worth every cent. Buying the wrong car and not paying the shipping or a cheaper rate will usually lead to regret.
The right car or " gotta have" car is always worth a premium.

It says it sold for twelve five.
It's a nice looking car and non vinyl top two door fuseys are difficult to locate. .

FWIW paying for shipping of the right car is worth every cent. Buying the wrong car and not paying the shipping or a cheaper rate will usually lead to regret.
The right car or " gotta have" car is always worth a premium.

Sorry I just noticed it was sold for $12,500 full price. I agree it is better to pay more for the car you really want. I also feel it is nice to see that these cars are gaining interest and holding better value. With examples going for prices like that, I feel it makes cars worth to put some money into to make them nice as they do have potential value when in nice shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back