NOT MINE 1970 Dodge Polara Convertible in Good Condition For Sale - NOT MINE

So listed and sold based on this one, at $20k ask, in NY.
NOT MINE - 1970 Polara convertible for sale in Hilton NY (383-2, EF8 Dark Green, $20k ask)

Then popped up just a month-ish later on ebay with that awful stripe and a $30k ask, in CA.
And in short order it's down to a $20k ask.

Seller posted some pics from the last sellers ad, sans stripes, and with a razor blade on the incorrect air cleaner.
And the wrinkled front valance distracted me from the positively awful chrome on that front bumper.

How do you know it’s an L-code? Could be one of 19 N-codes. We know of six, but thirteen of them are unaccounted for.
At the time I said that, 'twas because I saw it on ebay prior to seeing it on here. Ebay had the VIN listed.

They dropped the price to $20k but it didn't sell, so they raised the price to $25k.
Maybe they figured $20k was too low and scared people away, that it was so cheap it must be junk or something.
Raising the price assures higher quality?

1970 Dodge Polara 383 | eBay

Last edited:
Raising the price assures higher quality?
FREE SHIPPONG Daryani Group

+7 DAYS WARRANTY

1723639407146.png

One review on the BBB give them a 5 star rating
but from the review:

"Shipping took a couple of weeks" so I take it the warranty only covered half the trip?:poke:

"Meaning If you find Major Issues on the Day of Delivery Just Return & U pay the shipping back".

Ahhh the old back ship return price.

Stripe is asinine.

Fine print from ebay listing:
"LIQUIDATION CASH SALE: We've closed 2 of 4 warehouses due to outrageous rent hikes in CA."

Their website is kind of funky (old'ish) and the site testimonials are screenshots of text messages which I thought was odd. <smh>

How do you know it’s an L-code? Could be one of 19 N-codes. We know of six, but thirteen of them are unaccounted for.
Just a question, I have a friend here in France who has a green 1970 Polara convertible, similar to the one in the ad.
What is an "L-code" or an "N-code"

Just a question, I have a friend here in France who has a green 1970 Polara convertible, similar to the one in the ad.
What is an "L-code" or an "N-code"
DL27 L0D
DL27 N0D
Those indicate what engine the car was built with.

For 1970 & 71 the L was a 383-2
The N was a 383-4.

Now, that is an interesting piece of information. I know of 26 1970 Polara 'verts currently on the road in Europe, but I am not aware of this French one. Could you possibly provide more information, and/or ideally could you get your friend to join FCBO and tell us more about his car? Merci beaucoup!

Now, that is an interesting piece of information. I know of 26 1970 Polara 'verts currently on the road in Europe, but I am not aware of this French one. Could you possibly provide more information, and/or ideally could you get your friend to join FCBO and tell us more about his car? Merci beaucoup!
I'll call him today (or tomorrow) and ask him a pic of the data plate. I thought I had it but I can't find the picture! But I still have other pictures! Here they are.

pol-romain-3.jpg

pol-romain-1.jpg

pol-romain-2.jpg

IMG_20230629_171106.jpg

IMG_20230629_170611.jpg

IMG_20230629_170602.jpg

[edit] I've found the data plate pic ! It's a DL27 LOD ...

dataPolara.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic, thank you @Phil64 -- DL27L0D220036 was previously unknown to me. What is the car's story? It has a C-VON, so it seems like it was made for the Canadian market originally.

Back