Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
shocked.png

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Other...c8497535d&item=191203070813&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Rare old MOPAR Convertible! Only 842 Made. Dodge's Last Full-Size Convert.
This is a nice Daily driver. I've spent the last 2 years getting it back to being a Fun car to drive. It is by no
means show quality or perfect. I'd rate it a 6 out of 10. Things I've done since owning it are listed below.
Brand New Convertible top, Cables, re-sprayed back to original factory color. There was some rust repair.
And some over-spray of blue is still inside certain areas of the trunk and hood from previous owner. The Paint
is 2 Years old and looks good. ( Again, not perfect, but it was done at a small local Body shop on the Week-ends
and is not concourse ) I added Road Wheels. Mufflers were only a few years old when I acquired the car. So,
still very nice and give the car a nice thrust sound. The car starts-up nicely! Lights all work. Air conditioning has
not been checked-out. I'm sure it will need some work. 383 Motor. I think it had a re-build at some time, but I have
no paper-work to offer. Air cleaner is not original. ( It had an after-market one that looked out of place )
Since I am Downsizing my Mopar collection, the reserve is less than Half of what I've put into it. I'd feel much
better getting it back out on the road and enjoyed rather than stored inside all year! Feel free to e-mail me if you
want to know the reserve. And if you have any other specific questions. I uploaded the Full 24 pictures that Ebay
allows. So, if you want some shots of anything else, let me know. My Feed-Back is 100 PERCENT after 13 Years.
Always Positive Feed-back on any car ever sold on Ebay. Please don't bid on the car if you are expecting a
perfect car. It's not, and that's why I feel it is more a Daily Driver . Over-seas Buyers are welcome.
But, as with ALL buyers, Funds Must clear before car will be released. Shipping is Buyers' Responsibility.
Convertible Top Works Nicely! There is no boot, but rear well area has a Brand-new Custom lining for top to sit in.
The dash is cracked. ( See picture ) But, I will include a spare that can be re-covered while you are still driving
the car. ( If that's important to you ) If you want to offer a BUY IT NOW, send me an e-mail. That's always an
option as long as reserve has not been met. Local inspection is encouraged and welcomed! Or if you have a
friend or relative that can come and check out the car. Being that the car is 44 Years old, there is no warranty
offered or implied. It is being sold as is. I've disclosed Everything I'm aware of.

Nice, but I'm not a fan of silver cars in general. Snaps on the trim for the top boot in not right. I thought 1971 was the last year for the vert.

Dave, what's the story on this one?

I'm a dummy on these cars but my take on it is this.
You can buy a sharp looking 70 Polara 'vert w/A.C. that will get lots of thumbs ups for perhaps a reasonable enough price to make the incorrect details livable for a while. Or even forever. Depends on your tolerance.

If I saw it at the other end of the parking lot, I would have to go and look at it.
It has huge draw appeal.

Nice cruiser....to cruise in. Although I'm not particularly a vert fan, I could see myself tooling around down the shore in that very easily. Warm saturday evening, Ocean City NJ, tunes on the radio, yea I can see it.

The photo below shows the car as it was before the "restorer" bought it. The car is originally EA9 with a 383 2 barrel .... Off the top of my head it was in Minnesota and yes, it came with that interior. The "restorer" likes the full size Dodges, or claims to have a passion for them as he hunts them down, buys them, does a quickie makeover on them and dumps them. Note the snaps on the top moldings, plastic window, AMC center caps, trunk is incorrect paint PLUS painted over scaling, whats with the mirrors? I see a longer list around the car and under the hood but I cant I just cant....

This is the fourth or fifth car he has ruined that I know of............... :elmer:

View attachment 31866

Nice cruiser....to cruise in. Although I'm not particularly a vert fan, I could see myself tooling around down the shore in that very easily. Warm saturday evening, Ocean City NJ, tunes on the radio, yea I can see it.

Not Ocean City Gary, Long Beach Island................ and it is the greatest feeling in the world, The greatest woman, your kids, great weather, the Jersey Shore.........I see it whenever I can!!

187134 2013 Dockside 1.jpg187134 2013 Dockside 3.jpg187134 2013 LBI 1.jpg187134 2013 LBI 3.jpg187134 2013 Lighthouse 3.jpg187134 2013 LBI 8.jpg187134 2013 Lighthouse 4.jpg

187134 2013 Dockside 1.jpg

187134 2013 Dockside 3.jpg

187134 2013 LBI 1.jpg

187134 2013 LBI 3.jpg

187134 2013 Lighthouse 3.jpg

187134 2013 LBI 8.jpg

187134 2013 Lighthouse 4.jpg

Nice job on the pics Dave. The silver colour is nice. You'd need to get the car at a good price and if the motor was rebuilt it would be worthwhile since all the small problems are easily fixable.

The photo below shows the car as it was before the "restorer" bought it. The car is originally EA9 with a 383 2 barrel .... Off the top of my head it was in Minnesota and yes, it came with that interior. The "restorer" likes the full size Dodges, or claims to have a passion for them as he hunts them down, buys them, does a quickie makeover on them and dumps them. Note the snaps on the top moldings, plastic window, AMC center caps, trunk is incorrect paint PLUS painted over scaling, whats with the mirrors? I see a longer list around the car and under the hood but I cant I just cant....

This is the fourth or fifth car he has ruined that I know of............... :elmer:

View attachment 31866

Dave, can you repost the photo? A9 is dark slate grey, must have been an unusual color, but blue interior? What were they thinking...

You know, I noticed the attachment with no photo....internet explorer sucks. I prefer Firefox.

Give me 8 hours and I will post it again.

It was an unusual color, first time I realized the color combo I said the same*thing.... Nice car, nice driver, but I would rather a naturally rusty and patina car over redone wrong

I looked at this as soon as I got the ebay notification and my first thought was that it was better than most that I see offered for sale. Yes, it has some issues but it is not represented as being perfect. I like the blue interior (shame about the dash pad and the rear armrest on the drivers door though) and the paint and chrome is presentable too. If it sells for a rational price it would be a good place to start.

Not Ocean City Gary, Long Beach Island................ and it is the greatest feeling in the world, The greatest woman, your kids, great weather, the Jersey Shore.........I see it whenever I can!!

Hit the shore last night........ it was a blood pressure day yesterday. Came home, told the wife "lets go, grab a coat" and headed down 30 to Brigantine Island. Drove around the Island for 30 minutes then headed up to the Pour House in Tuckerton on Rt 9. Got home about 11:30 .........It is truly amazing how the top down on a destination-less journey can ease a days aggravation.

Hit the shore last night........ it was a blood pressure day yesterday. Came home, told the wife "lets go, grab a coat" and headed down 30 to Brigantine Island. Drove around the Island for 30 minutes then headed up to the Pour House in Tuckerton on Rt 9. Got home about 11:30 .........It is truly amazing how the top down on a destination-less journey can ease a days aggravation.
You'll be proud of me. I have yet to turn on the A/C in BitterSweet, other than to initially test it.
And it was
censored.gif
hot yesterday. Still didn't need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back