1970 Monaco strange brake light problem

My70monaco

Reaction score
The right brake light does not work yet the right signal works, driving lights work, and the four way will light both brake lights. It should be noted that I recently repaired the steering coupler assembly so I did have the steering column pulled back while I rebuilt the coupler. Any suggestions appreciated.

Frank

Check the plug where the harness comes up to the turn signal switch under the column.

Don't be surprised if the red wire/connection is burnt or already bypassed (different problem, but common).

Big_John, thanks for your input. I crawled back under the dash (which is painful at my age) and squeezed the two large connectors by the column. I felt a slight movement in one of them and when I had my wife check the tail lights, both brake lights were now working. I guess I caused the problem when I pulled the steering column back to fix the couplers.

Big_John, thanks for your input. I crawled back under the dash (which is painful at my age) and squeezed the two large connectors by the column. I felt a slight movement in one of them and when I had my wife check the tail lights, both brake lights were now working. I guess I caused the problem when I pulled the steering column back to fix the couplers.
If you have to really do a lot under there, pull the front seat out.

Old, arthritis, and a couple bad cervical discs talking here...

Back