1970 monaco subframe repair

70monaco

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im new to the site.I purchased a 1970 4 door monaco as a parts car for my 70 challenger however the monaco is too nice to use as a doner car. The monaco is in great shape with the exception of the front sub frame (totally rotted). Would like to repair or replace the frame any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

20231229_143518.jpg

I'm curious, I have E bodies. What were you going to use from the Polara on your Challenger. The engine and transmission would work, but anything else? I agree with you, I would fix that and get another parts car. Maybe you can find another one in poor condition, but with a good sub frame.

I'm curious, I have E bodies. What were you going to use from the Polara on your Challenger. The engine and transmission would work, but anything else? I agree with you, I would fix that and get another parts car. Maybe you can find another one in poor condition, but with a good sub frame.
My challenger was a factory 383 2bbl same as the monaco. Mainly want the motor. I drive a 1974 challenger and am restoring a 1970. Been collecting parts for years. What year is your challenger?

Two Barracudas. A 1972 that I ordered and purchased new in 72 It is B5 blue with a white interior and sport hood and a 318 torqueflite. The second is a 1974 that I have since 1995. It also has the original 318 and torqueflite. The 318 has a 4 barrel, cam and lifters, duals, etc. I have a 360 that is about ready to go in it next spring.

Two Barracudas. A 1972 that I ordered and purchased new in 72 It is B5 blue with a white interior and sport hood and a 318 torqueflite. The second is a 1974 that I have since 1995. It also has the original 318 and torqueflite. The 318 has a 4 barrel, cam and lifters, duals, etc. I have a 360 that is about ready to go in it next spring.
Beautiful cars to drive. My 1974 chally has a 440 reverse manual valve body trans and 4:10 gears. Not very smooth to drive but fun to beat on.lol. I threw out the factory nice running 318 when i was a kid.Not a smart move.

The 72 has never been restored. I repainted it back in the 80s and added the hockey stick stripe otherwise it is mostly original. It is a pleasure to drive. It has a 3:23 sure grip in it.

Post a photo of the fender tag for us please!

You cannot part this car out for an E body, there's plenty of 70 383-2 engines available.
I will go out to the garage soon t
Post a photo of the fender tag for us please!

You cannot part this car out for an E body, there's plenty of 70 383-2 engines available.
Heres a photo of the fender tag. Its been painted over and a bit hard to read so i made a pencil sketch of it.Dont worry i have lots of engine choices for my challenger and dont plan on destroying an unmolested monaco. Its too nice.

20241014_123517.jpg

20241014_122730.jpg

Here it is before the Black paint.

If you are up for a road trip Murray will likely have a decent frame for your Monaco.
[/URL]
I'm assuming you have already checked with Nigel at National Moparts?
Im new to owning a c body. Always had e bodies. Thank you for the leads on locating a frame. I figured that they were impossible to find. Now i have hope. Much appriciated.

Why anyone would paint FP43L0D282681 black is mind-boggling, especially since the original FT6 looked so good on a Monaco. Don’t get me wrong, black on black is nice — but the original was great.

@71Polara383 @polara71 and @Fratzog have been keeping track of the C-body 70-71 Dodges for years.

Back