1970 Newport; Advice On Corner Light Bulb Replacement

daMoose52

Reaction score
Looking for some advice, with any pictorial aids possible. I typically loathe videos, but in this instance I'd actually appreciate it!
My cornering lights are out on my 1970 Newport, and I'm not sure how to swap the bulbs. (Came home last fall, been in storage, been tinkering off and on with getting it fixed up)
In the trunk, from the inside, I have access to the two there of course; one is already out (I didn't pull it myself though) and the other firmly in place. Trying to read up, prior posts talk about just pulling but I'm worried I'm just going to pull the cord out of the light socket.
Up front, zero idea how to get to them, and no good visuals on accessing those spots either. Sparse text results on searches and any video or picture tutorial is on modern 300s and the like.
Any intel, especially visual, would be much appreciated.

I assume you do, indeed, mean the cornering lights and not toe side marker lights. But, if the latter, remove the lens and take out the bulb.

"Side marker lights" are the amber (frt) and red (rr) lights on the side of the car, so oncoming drivers can see the car in the dark., from the side.

"Cornering lights" are only on the front, as a part of the side marker light housing/molding, which illuminate (white light) only when the turn signals are activated, so the driver can see where they are turning at night. An upscale item for the higher trim levels/models, usually.

Just some clarification,
CBODY67

He isn't asking what they are, he's asking how to remove and replace the bulbs. Can you help with that?

Back