NOT MINE 1971 Chrysler New Yorker - fb

SPS

Reaction score
1971 New Yorker - fb

Up for sale is a 1971 Chrysler New Yorker hardtop sedan. Comes with a clean title . Kept in one family since new! Until last year , 3 owner car it is.

"Fuselage Styling" yacht, it has the exact design shared with the Imperial.

Big block 440 cubic inches ( originally 340 hp that were also put into that year's Chargers and Challengers ) paired with A-727 automatic gearbox that shifts smoothly.

The engine and trans are original to the car as I know.

Odometer shows :

you'll be captivated by its royal all original black interior , paisley pattern , designed for your utmost comfort . and it is taken care till this day .

New Yorker is Chrysler’s top of the line along side the Imperial, so it has all the power options ( window , brake , steering, … )

Trims and badges are all there and original to the car .

It was an original colour car till a few months ago , I changed it’s color to white . ( was gray )

Probably one or two little rust spots , but no serious one .

Runs and drives , but has minor issues like blown exhaust in some area , carb needs to be rebuild or tuned to the best settings to correct air and gas mixture.

You see what you get , AS IS .

IMG_6934.jpeg

IMG_6935.jpeg

IMG_6936.jpeg

IMG_6937.jpeg

IMG_6938.jpeg

IMG_6939.jpeg

IMG_6940.jpeg

IMG_6941.jpeg

IMG_6942.jpeg

IMG_6943.jpeg

$15,500.

Got a quicky refrigerator white repaint. I'll bet the door jambs are still gray.

1971 New Yorker - fb

Up for sale is a 1971 Chrysler New Yorker hardtop sedan. Comes with a clean title . Kept in one family since new! Until last year , 3 owner car it is.

"Fuselage Styling" yacht, it has the exact design shared with the Imperial.

Big block 440 cubic inches ( originally 340 hp that were also put into that year's Chargers and Challengers ) paired with A-727 automatic gearbox that shifts smoothly.

The engine and trans are original to the car as I know.

Odometer shows :

you'll be captivated by its royal all original black interior , paisley pattern , designed for your utmost comfort . and it is taken care till this day .

New Yorker is Chrysler’s top of the line along side the Imperial, so it has all the power options ( window , brake , steering, … )

Trims and badges are all there and original to the car .

It was an original colour car till a few months ago , I changed it’s color to white . ( was gray )

Probably one or two little rust spots , but no serious one .

Runs and drives , but has minor issues like blown exhaust in some area , carb needs to be rebuild or tuned to the best settings to correct air and gas mixture.

You see what you get , AS IS .

View attachment 644875

View attachment 644876

View attachment 644877

View attachment 644878

View attachment 644879

View attachment 644880

View attachment 644881

View attachment 644882

View attachment 644883

View attachment 644884
Bet it looked distinctive when gray. Is the cruise control tip of the turn signal wand bent or broken?

At least go to the Quarter car wash and clean the tires since you have it out and then take the pics:BangHead:
Guys, it's not bad at all... I bought it. The paint job was a most unfortunate decision the previous owner made. The jambs and trunk/hood undersides were all done to match, but the quality of paint was horrible. It has taken a few weeks of sanding and polishing to make it look nice. The black paisley interior is like new- just the driver arm rest needs replacement. The car runs and drives awesome and once I replaced the 43-year old tires, the car handles the southern California freeways like a champ! I think it was 9k well spent.

Guys, it's not bad at all... I bought it. The paint job was a most unfortunate decision the previous owner made. The jambs and trunk/hood undersides were all done to match, but the quality of paint was horrible. It has taken a few weeks of sanding and polishing to make it look nice. The black paisley interior is like new- just the driver arm rest needs replacement. The car runs and drives awesome and once I replaced the 43-year old tires, the car handles the southern California freeways like a champ! I think it was 9k well spent.

Congrats
What color was it originally ?

@Yogi
Congrats on the purchase and congrats on finding this website!
There is plenty of information here about these C bodies.
Please share some more pictures now that you have cleaned it up.
And the trim tag, what options are on the trim tag for the car?

It used to be grey metallic. It was discussed here when the original owner was selling it a couple of years ago.

Yes would be interesting, what kind of “gray”

GA4 or GA8 or EA9

Back