NOT MINE 1971 Chrysler newport $11,000

Thats ok, you don’t need it anyway.
yeah, I know. just bugs me, turn the knob and nothing, no buzzing, no light, I guess no power, but why, I checked fuse, I hate to take it out, all the plastic when 54 years old breaks. I was kinda hoping it would fix itself

DSC07562.JPG

Last edited:
yeah, I know. just bugs me, turn the knob and nothing, no buzzing, no light, I guess no power, but why, I checked fuse, I hate to take it out, all the plastic when 54 years old breaks. I was kinda hoping it would fix itself

View attachment 673276
I don't care if my radios don't work, they mostly haven't, but I can understand your frustration with the last item not following the others, and operating correctly. It would bug me too.

Thats ok, you don’t need it anyway.
Getting the radio out shouldn't be a concern - it comes out from the backside underneath the dash after removing a long plastic duct. It slips out from the backside after removing the knobs on the front and undoing some retainers and the ashtray on the backside.

There may be two screws on the front bottom side of the radio also holding it in place. You can loosen those screws by vertically inserting a long screwdriver in respective holes in the bottom of the dashboard sheetmetal.

Back