NOT MINE 1971 Chrysler Newport Custom 2 dr Hdtp Edmonton Alberta

Shazbot

Reaction score
This car is in excellent condition for being 53 years old and only has 104,000 original miles! It has sat inside a shop since 1986 and due to the body being so tight, no vermin got inside to stink it up which seems you can never get rid of! Original paint shines so nice, body panels nice and straight plus doors open/shut like new. Rust is so minor, seeing is believing as I had a 2014 Equinox that had more rust than this car. The inside of the car is awesome as well, dash perfect, seats like new (front has fold down armrest and sooo comfortable), carpet perfect, headliner perfect and back package tray too. This car has the powerhouse 383 with auto trans in it and came with the 2 bbl carb. Also has power front disc brakes not drums all around, power steering and rear defogger. I bought this car off of the original owners family and had no intention of selling it except one of my other cars will need a new transmission so what do you do huh? For this beauty I just spent a bunch of money on it, over $1300 getting a brand new fuel tank, new fuel sender, new Napa premium fuel pump and finally most important had the original carb sent out and rebuilt, all that is included in the price along with factory service manuals and spare front grille. The points, spark plugs, wires and cap are all new as well. I also bought 4 brand new tires but those are not included in the price and extra $600 if wanted. The car has sat un started for over 38 years but mechanically everything is great, engine turns over nice. The fuel in the original tank had turned to tar for the most part and stunk like crazy, I want everything new and perfect so thats why its a non runner right now. I know the first person who checks the car out will probably buy it, with that sorry no holds. I'm available most of the time. Link to ad

Pictures won't upload, they saved as a webp but the forum won't allow them

This car is in excellent condition for being 53 years old and only has 104,000 original miles! It has sat inside a shop since 1986 and due to the body being so tight, no vermin got inside to stink it up which seems you can never get rid of! Original paint shines so nice, body panels nice and straight plus doors open/shut like new. Rust is so minor, seeing is believing as I had a 2014 Equinox that had more rust than this car. The inside of the car is awesome as well, dash perfect, seats like new (front has fold down armrest and sooo comfortable), carpet perfect, headliner perfect and back package tray too. This car has the powerhouse 383 with auto trans in it and came with the 2 bbl carb. Also has power front disc brakes not drums all around, power steering and rear defogger. I bought this car off of the original owners family and had no intention of selling it except one of my other cars will need a new transmission so what do you do huh? For this beauty I just spent a bunch of money on it, over $1300 getting a brand new fuel tank, new fuel sender, new Napa premium fuel pump and finally most important had the original carb sent out and rebuilt, all that is included in the price along with factory service manuals and spare front grille. The points, spark plugs, wires and cap are all new as well. I also bought 4 brand new tires but those are not included in the price and extra $600 if wanted. The car has sat un started for over 38 years but mechanically everything is great, engine turns over nice. The fuel in the original tank had turned to tar for the most part and stunk like crazy, I want everything new and perfect so thats why its a non runner right now. I know the first person who checks the car out will probably buy it, with that sorry no holds. I'm available most of the time. Link to ad

Pictures won't upload, they saved as a webp but the forum won't allow them
1717111154777.png
1717111170387.png
1717111181196.png
1717111192486.png
1717111201463.png
1717111208345.png
1717111215432.png
1717111154777.png
1717111170387.png
1717111181196.png
1717111192486.png
1717111201463.png
1717111208345.png
1717111215432.png

Can you please post the trim tag readout.
Is that original paint?

Well that didn't last long at all! Good thing too, as there is no room at the inn.

Asking price was 5000 Canadian. Someone got a heck of a deal!

Well that didn't last long at all! Good thing too, as there is no room at the inn.

Asking price was 5000 Canadian. Someone got a heck of a deal!
We don't get to see these too often in our backyard Grant. I have a 70 300 Grille that would look good on this one as well.

Last edited:
As much as I really want this, I already have cars I'm sentimentally attached to, and am completely aware of their needs. This would be a whole new can of worms. Which would be fun, but I need to get working on what I have rather than adding to the list.

1,000 miles (1,600 km) closer, it would be in my warehouse .. strictly a catch and release though. Dont need it, do want it, definitely CAN save it for posterity.

final answer, for me anyway, is negatory. :(

I'd need to land, after customs/duties, AND acquisition cost -- moved 3500 KM -- for $2,500 USD. Can't be done. its worth more that that .. even to penny-pinchin' old coot like me. Hope it finds a good home.

reminds me. I gotta look back to that 69 CHP .. anybody recall call that one? seems it was only a couple weeks ago....

GY9, EW1 top, no A/C.

This car is in excellent condition for being 53 years old and only has 104,000 original miles! It has sat inside a shop since 1986 and due to the body being so tight, no vermin got inside to stink it up which seems you can never get rid of! Original paint shines so nice, body panels nice and straight plus doors open/shut like new. Rust is so minor, seeing is believing as I had a 2014 Equinox that had more rust than this car. The inside of the car is awesome as well, dash perfect, seats like new (front has fold down armrest and sooo comfortable), carpet perfect, headliner perfect and back package tray too. This car has the powerhouse 383 with auto trans in it and came with the 2 bbl carb. Also has power front disc brakes not drums all around, power steering and rear defogger. I bought this car off of the original owners family and had no intention of selling it except one of my other cars will need a new transmission so what do you do huh? For this beauty I just spent a bunch of money on it, over $1300 getting a brand new fuel tank, new fuel sender, new Napa premium fuel pump and finally most important had the original carb sent out and rebuilt, all that is included in the price along with factory service manuals and spare front grille. The points, spark plugs, wires and cap are all new as well. I also bought 4 brand new tires but those are not included in the price and extra $600 if wanted. The car has sat un started for over 38 years but mechanically everything is great, engine turns over nice. The fuel in the original tank had turned to tar for the most part and stunk like crazy, I want everything new and perfect so thats why its a non runner right now. I'm available most of the time to show the car. 780-991-4675 I'm at Calahoo

Here are more photos of CL23L1C24462x -- RHS was repainted back in the day but "it is very difficult to tell" according to the seller. I asked about the discoloration in the trunk, which looked like wet metal, but was told that there is no water ingress in the trunk. I have decided to pass, but only reluctantly made this decision.

20240601_140130.jpg

20240601_140119.jpg

20240528_135459.jpg

20240601_140019.jpg

20240601_140112.jpg

20240601_140101.jpg

20240601_140057.jpg

20240601_140039.jpg

20240601_140032.jpg

20240601_140029.jpg

Last edited:
A little too much rust for me but living in Arizona my tolerance for rust is very low. If somebody made a good aftermarket quarter panel for it it would be a different story.

Back