For Sale 1971 Ford Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should we go easy?

There's nothing bad to say for this car, IMHO.

Good luck selling!

thanks.

i watched many of my cars get "discussed" on this forum in the years before i joined. i finally joined when i had my avatar car for sale last year as i felt it was time join the "conversation" and learn things from other people willing to help make my stuff better..whether selling, buying , or keeping stuff i already own.

so my comment was a bit of an "inside joke" I use on this forum to be gentle on other members' stuff...thats all. the true experts we have here can really help the less informed improve/learn, or sometimes we may discourage them if we are overly harsh in our critiques.

anyway, where i have expert knowledge, i vote to try to help. where i don't, l listen and learn.

in the end, people of course have their own views and thats ok too. thanks for yours and we'll see how this old Ford fares in the auction.:icon_thumright:

Best of luck finding a new home for it Ray. Any updates on your '67 coupe???

Best of luck finding a new home for it Ray. Any updates on your '67 coupe???

hey matt. coming along on '67 CC.

chasing around a transient electrical thing. windows work, then they dont, and then at same time something else that didnt work starts working. engine rebuild went good. used your technique on wheel covers.."schwing!" got a lot of data from original owner that was neat too but no pictures of it at Augusta National.

hoping to have it all done mid summer 2015. thanks for asking brother :icon_smile:

I look forward to hearing more about it. I held onto that Hagerty rag with the cop cars story for you, it's still at my shop. Stop by sometime and we can catch up.

This guy claims this was one of the fastest police cars I have heard that the poise force stayed away from them because they were dogs. Maybe this particular model was fast, The fastest police cars were the 69 and 70 Dodge Polaras with the 440 thats out of the full size cars. The 1973 Amc Matadors with the 401 were very fast not as fast the Polaras beat them 0 to 60 1/4 mile and top speed. The 73 401 are very fast I owned one the only problem is they run hot I put HD radiator in it new thermostat and it still ran very hot. I had a 73 newport with the 400 and the Matador might have been a little quicker because of the weight difference but the newport had the same type of power. I think it was a little faster from say 50 to 100 I will never forget that car and now i just bought really nice one the guy thats selling to me says the car is very fast for its size he said he was really impressed. To me 73 was that last great year they rated them with such low horse the 400 2 was at 195 401 4 was 240 and they were much higher. The other police car was the Arizona troopers had 71 and 72 amx 401 they would top at 150 MPH. The new Chargers are probably as fast there 5.7 but they are faster then The Crown Vics. The late 60's early 70's Fords with 429 and 460's did not compete with Mopars or any of the GM cars. I had a 69 Cougar with 390 s Code it was 3 speed stick it was not impressive at all it picked up speed. My 73 Imperial had more power but that car had more power the a 71 lincoln mark IiI and 69 caddy 472 car or I should say faster

iii

appears the old interceptor has become one of most popular on ebay motors...dont mean it'll sell but people seem curious about it. that's a first appearance on this list for one of my police cars.

cool vehicles on list..some i never heard of. if link doesnt go right to the list, you might need to scroll down to and click on"Motors: cars, trucks" on upper left side of first page under "Categories"

http://www.watchcount.com/?cc=US&uqsrc=catl&uqkw=&uqcat=6001#serp

but whats cooler is this: check out the one with 269 watchers (at this moment)..this car may already have been hashed out here in forum but i just found it when someone wrote me about the list:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-300-Series-New-Yorker-1969-chrysler-300-conv-59-000-orig-miles-100-solid-outstanding-/291336642222?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43d5045eae&item=291336642222&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

$_57.jpg

couple more on the list

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151532314301&rmvSB=true

Powerwagon.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331427936647&rmvSB=true

pictures not so great but you get the jist

scrambler.jpg

$_57.jpg

Powerwagon.jpg

scrambler.jpg

Last edited:
This place is becoming moparts...pretty soon there'll be mustang posts all over too.

This place is becoming moparts...pretty soon there'll be mustang posts all over too.

Not really. Our guys may like others, but they don't say they are better than, or hate our Mopar stuff, well except for Gary not liking fins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back