For Sale 1971 Imperial 4DR $15,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 Chrysler Imperial Four Door Hardtop For Sale in Milbank, South Dakota | Old Car Online

Saw this nice one...I've talked to the owner of this dealership in the past about other vehicles in inventory...very open to sharing details about his cars for sale.
honeydew.jpg
honeydew1.jpg

Personally I hate the paint color.

No, can you show me an example?
No...it's in my head...i'd repaint the honeydew to red and change vinyl top to white...trouble is i'd only do that with a black or white leather interior. It's all hypothetical...not sure Rallye Red was option in 1971...I know 72-73 years.

Remember that you are partial to the '72-73's. Unless it's a super deal you really can't pass up, holding off for what you really want may be preferable.

I have a 1971 Imperial coupe in honeydew with a green vinyl top and matching dark green cloth interior. It is a low miles excellent car. At first I didn't think I would like it, but when I saw the car, it really was striking to me in person, and it is now one of my favorites. It is in storage at present, so I don't have any photos of it presently, or I would post them. They were on my old computer that crashed about 8 years ago.

I have a 1971 Imperial coupe in honeydew with a green vinyl top and matching dark green cloth interior. It is a low miles excellent car. At first I didn't think I would like it, but when I saw the car, it really was striking to me in person, and it is now one of my favorites. It is in storage at present, so I don't have any photos of it presently, or I would post them. They were on my old computer that crashed about 8 years ago.
True...and I never thought red would be so likeable to me until I bought my 72...I can see your point about the honeydew. I don't think I've ever seen that color in person.

True...and I never thought red would be so likeable to me until I bought my 72...I can see your point about the honeydew. I don't think I've ever seen that color in person.

Thanks.

I actually believe the 4 door in the photos above is a repaint, given the flaking above the rear quarter molding, and therefore is not quite accurate. Like I said, in person with the original paint, my reaction is quite different.

Also the interior in my coupe is nothing short of amazing. The cloth has an amazingly soft texture to it that I have never witnessed before or since (this is the blue version whereas mine is the dark green version):

71_Imperial_6.jpg

I wonder if its ATCII. . . And if is, does it work?

You can see that it does have ATC II from the underhood photo showing the servo on the passenger side near the back of the inner fender well. It is no problem getting ATC II to work since Performance Analysis Company supplies the heart of the system rebuilt with much better parts than the original one.

You can see that it does have ATC II from the underhood photo showing the servo on the passenger side near the back of the inner fender well. It is no problem getting ATC II to work since Performance Analysis Company supplies the heart of the system rebuilt with much better parts than the original one.
The black canister in front of the support rod?

I just dug up 2 pics of one of the Imperials at this same
blue13.png
blue.png
dealership I was looking at before Big Red came on the radar...this was a nice one.

The black canister in front of the support rod?

Yes, that is it. It is a tall control module. The originals were made of bakelite, which wasn't very long living - usually a two year life before cracking. The Performance Analysis modules are reproduced from an aluminum alloy I believe, that lasts.

Thanks a lot, Steve. I always wondered how to tell from an under-hood shot whether or not a car has ATC II. I learn something every time I read one of your posts. What does the Performance Analysis fix cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back