1971 Sport Fury GT

This "barn find" being restored is PP23U1D1401114 as confirmed by the number plate from Washington State.

front plate WA.png

Here is the fender tag of this superb numbers-matching SFGT

xxxx1D140114.png

fender tag.png

PS: Interestingly, there is another SFGT at the end of the video:

1727621212540.png

Last edited:
I never hear of those until it's over

Nothing was ever offered to the general public. I never got the full story, but I think someone became friends with the family and bought some of the more desirable cars out of the collection.

I thought I had an opportunity for a connection to them through a friend, but it never materialized.

I had my eye on that GT for a few years before it was sold. That's why I recognize it so easily.

Jeff

Nothing was ever offered to the general public. I never got the full story, but I think someone became friends with the family and bought some of the more desirable cars out of the collection.

I thought I had an opportunity for a connection to them through a friend, but it never materialized.

I had my eye on that GT for a few years before it was sold. That's why I recognize it so easily.

Jeff
Any photos, in particular the tag pic?

Jeff

I'm hoping I have enough connections out there to give me a heads up on 70/71 Polaras/Monacos/Furys. I only need 1 top shelf car.

It’s my video, have a tag pic of that GT somewhere but it’s been up on that lift for a couple years now. The 70 is A4 silver with burnt orange interior.

I think I have a pic of the tag too, but can't find it right now. This one is the only one I can find. No question that it's the same car. This was taken back in 2010, which is when I found out about it.

IMG_0234.JPG

Jeff

Had been after it for years as well, guy who runs the place now is a super nice guy, they had some amazing Mopars. Chris Birdsong got a bunch of cars out of there.

I'm hoping I have enough connections out there to give me a heads up on 70/71 Polaras/Monacos/Furys. I only need 1 top shelf car.

Other than local Facebook stuff, I haven't been keeping an eye on the C body market for at least 5 years now, so I have no idea how often top dog cars are coming up for sale. As luck will have it, when something comes up that interests you, it'll be over here in PA or Jersey.

Jeff

Had been after it for years as well, guy who runs the place now is a super nice guy, they had some amazing Mopars. Chris Birdsong got a bunch of cars out of there.

I'm glad to see that it went to a good home.

It's really not the right car for what I want to do. Being a pretty rare car in an oddball color combination, it should be restored to how it left the factory. I had my mind set on a dark blue car, and even a Fury III would fit the bill, as I already have a '70 Sport Fury parts car. I had first dibs on the green s-23 that Wolfen bought some time back, and I probably should have bough that one, but was hoping to find something a bit less rusty at the time.

Jeff

Back