This one looks quite nice.
Price is reasonable.

portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/6022419135.html
00E0E_g7m7ZLYU3BY_600x450.jpg

00000_k83DL8gBz4O_600x450.jpg

01616_78ZRRQiVnhu_600x450.jpg

00C0C_kgSHjqYQk5E_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_6BK4ESTTDCn_600x450.jpg

Wow nice back story. Those bumperettes have to go though look like cow catchers...

If I were in the market, that little pup would be home already.

I've sent an email to the owner. (Asking for additional photos)
Let see how they respond.

There has been a fury of clean, "one owner" Fuse Mopars (and other full sized 70's lux cars) in PDX over the past year, being sold by curbside car flippers. Not sure this one is but the looks similar. Normal pattern is plates / reg tabs 20 years old, a title where name does not match the seller ("I'm selling for my wife's uncle"), seller knows little about the car, and so on. Be careful.

I'll be a few blocks from this car week after next. If it is still for sale I'll check it out. What is funny, is this NY I checked out in January is in nearly the exact same location as the Newport. It was being sold by an eBay curbside flipper who had a connection to estate sales.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
So a dealer buys a car turns around and sells it they are an owner?

Alan
They are usually "curbside dealers." In other words private individuals flipping cars without registering them. Doing so violates anti-competitive auto dealer licencing laws in most states (including Oregon). In Oregon & Washington, it is illegal to buy a car for sole purpose of making a profit and also against the law to sell more than 3 or 4 registered vehicles (any kind) per year without being a licensed dealer. Licensed dealers need an established place of business with regular operating hours, their own employees selling cars and so on.

I was liquidating a large personal motorcycle collection I accumulated a couple years ago and got flagged and fined by Washington State. Was a pain to resolve.

So a dealer buys a car turns around and sells it they are an owner?

Alan

Youve been reading the threads... I say no. Of course, a time frame must be established. My White 70 Polara convertible I had for 13 years, I never registered the car. Technically I was never an owner

One owner or a 100, doesn't matter to me. To me it doesn't add (or take away) value, I buy what I see.
I think people are splitting hairs over the definition of an owner.

Alan

One owner or a 100, doesn't matter to me. To me it doesn't add (or take away) value, I buy what I see.
I think people are splitting hairs over the definition of an owner.

Alan

Word. Who exactly is allowed to own these cars? I've swooped in on a few to save them AND if I can, I make a buck. There is a certain GY3 '71 Polara on this board that barely ran and had 2" of water in the trunk when I bought it. That car wouldn't exist anymore if I hadn't bought it... or if I had sold it to the derby guy who wanted it (for reals yo). I'm not in a contest to lose money like Brewster's Millions.

I also could care less about the number of owners if the car is clean. The guy selling a minivan I didn't look at made a big deal about being one-owner, then screwed up and said he'd only owned it for 2 months, lol. I really think he meant there was no lein on the title, but it was his cageyness and price that turned me off.

Knowing that its a one owner means you are sure of the history. I know the history of 2 of my 3 cars and its killing me not knowing the history of the 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back