For Sale 1972 Chrysler Newport

Status
Not open for further replies.
One owner or a 100, doesn't matter to me. To me it doesn't add (or take away) value, I buy what I see.
I think people are splitting hairs over the definition of an owner.

Alan

I agree with not really caring about how many owners if I like the car, it checks out and I want it.

On the other hand being a stickler for accuracy one cannot say it was a one owner car after paying money for it. You handed over cash, the car is now yours whether you changed the registration or not. Mind you that in some states you must do it in so many days. If not then would it be Ok for me to come along and just take the car since you don't really own it? Strange that registered means I own it but handing over cash does not.

The only owner history I care about of a car that I have is,....

Who owns it now ? ME !!! :thumbsup:

I agree with not really caring about how many owners if I like the car, it checks out and I want it.

On the other hand being a stickler for accuracy one cannot say it was a one owner car after paying money for it. You handed over cash, the car is now yours whether you changed the registration or not. Mind you that in some states you must do it in so many days. If not then would it be Ok for me to come along and just take the car since you don't really own it? Strange that registered means I own it but handing over cash does not.

Following your logic....

So when a new Dodge was built it was owned by the Chrysler corporation. Then it was owned by the Dodge dealer who sold it. Then the first buyer, then the dealer who took it on trade, then the second buyer, and then the next dealer who took it on trade.. Six owners with only two registered. Where does it end?

That's your logic not mine.
Now by your way of thinking I buy the car from the first owner, drive it for 2 years, but never change the registration so I don't count as an owner even though I put 20,000 miles on it.

That's your logic not mine.
Now by your way of thinking I buy the car from the first owner, drive it for 2 years, but never change the registration so I don't count as an owner even though I put 20,000 miles on it.

Yes, that is what your logic is implying without saying it( like it or not) . AND yes, technically ownership lies in the titling of the car. So, if I steal a car from you and its not in my name and I keep it for 30 years , it gets found by the police and it goes back to you, was I an owner?

Might as well agree to disagree. If I paid for the car, like I pay for a refrigerator, with cold hard cash then I am the owner.

So, if I steal a car from you and its not in my name and I keep it for 30 years , it gets found by the police and it goes back to you, was I an owner?

Come on now that is a no brainer. You're nothing but a thief who committed a felony by stealing the car rather than paying cold hard cash for it.

Too many variations, too many what ifs , too many different scenarios I could layout that you would rebut .

I agree, I am moving on because no good will come from it. We will disagree on the subject until the end of time.:thumbsup:

So here's the scoop on this car.
It's part of an estate that is to be dispersed. (So the title is still in the deceased's name).
When I spoke with the person who posted the ad, they said they would have to show the DMV the proper documents to transfer the title to themselves or possibly the new purchaser.
So I asked for a few more details and photos of the car.
So what is your opinion on the value of the car based on these new photos? (The ads asks for $4500)

Is it worth that much?

1972 Trunk lid up.jpeg

1972 Trunk open.jpeg

1972 Front cluster.jpeg

1972 Front seat.jpeg

1972 Back seat.jpeg

1972 Newport Driver side.jpeg

$4500 is okay in my opinion, almost every c body needs trunk floor work.
Is also depending how the underside of the car is if is rusty no. If the car is solid yes.

why do sellers not take care of the paperwork before listing their cars?

If the car is getting exported to Canada it is doesn't matter. What name is on the title.

I think you would need a copy of the previous owners death certificate. Not sure what other paperwork is involved in this situation.

I made him an offer, subject to proper paperwork. He has to split the proceeds of the sale 4 ways. So he has to notify the other benefactors of the estate. It won't be a swift process. We'll have to wait and see.

I made him an offer, subject to proper paperwork. He has to split the proceeds of the sale 4 ways. So he has to notify the other benefactors of the estate. It won't be a swift process. We'll have to wait and see.
Your not in Alberta anymore? I'm going this weekend to Idaho to pick up an 71 Fury the Titel is all you need and even if you don't have a title is not a big deal bill of sale is all you need for the Canadian customs.

Thanks Tomas. I'm still in Alberta. I will see what the seller and the benefactors want to do.
In retrospect, I should have purchased your New Yorker last fall.
:)

IMG_1670.JPG
Thanks Tomas. I'm still in Alberta. I will see what the seller and the benefactors want to do.
In retrospect, I should have purchased your New Yorker last fall.
:)
Is Tobias lol, ya was not going to sell my 69 but a member here run me over and I sayed yes and sold the New
Yorker :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back