For Sale 1972 Lebaron 2-dr w/ sunroof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homerr

Reaction score
Contact seller
$3,000

no pics.

1972 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron - $3000 (Telford )

For sale is a numbers matching 1972 Chrysler Imperial. It has 87000 miles on the odometer. Car is a 2 door with a power sunroof and power windows, ABS brakes, air conditioning, am/fm radio. Only 30 cars left the factory with a sunroof! Car needs restoration does not run. 440 with a 727 torque flight. Cash only will not deliver you must pick up. Thanks for looking.
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/4688574566.html

Oh man that sounds tantalizingly good, but I still have memories of the first (and last) time I chased an great sounding ad with no pics. It was ugly (the car, and the meeting).

How does he know 30 cars left with a factory Sunroof......? That is an IMPOSSIBLE to know answer.....

The way I read the ad it says only 30 left the factory with a sunroof.

Somebody should inquire and get some more details and pics.

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j...9oDgCA&usg=AFQjCNHCn1GaLbghRkvWp6HeLK39chSbQg

This PDF document gives appr. 205 Imperials, I have no idea how well it was researched but it's a Mopar Club Website.

I've emailed this guy a few times. His mission is documenting sunroof installations. Heart's in the right place, freely indicates his numbers are estimates and doesn't seem to have access to all of the right info. Sunroof cars aren't common is the bottom line. So whatever number he or anyone else besides me, comes up with, will not only be small, but also a guesstimate.

My experience hasn't been good ever chasing a car with no posted pictures.

I've emailed this guy a few times. His mission is documenting sunroof installations. Heart's in the right place, freely indicates his numbers are estimates and doesn't seem to have access to all of the right info. Sunroof cars aren't common is the bottom line. So whatever number he or anyone else besides me, comes up with, will not only be small, but also a guesstimate.
Yes, these numbers are very preliminary estimates based on what I have scrounged up on the web, and from the very very few cars I have been able to run across on the web. I have a working theory on production numbers for several makes and models of early sunroof mopars, but it requires hunting down fender tag info - especially early model year and late model year cars. To date - the sunroof C-bodies are the toughest one to estimate because there is just not a lot of them posted on the web. I live in SD, so getting to the big cars shows where they might show up is not going to happen until I hit retirement. So I depend on corresponding with sunroof owners through the various Mopar forums for the little information that I have been able to find.

I posted this same pdf document on C Bodies only under the fuselage forum - where most of my research has been so far. Here is the link:
http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/showthread.php?12765-Very-Preliminary-Estimates-on-Early-C-Body-Sunroof-Production-amp-some-Sunroof-Car-Pics

Thanks kmccabe56 for the help you have provided so far.
Scott.

I don't know that I have ever seen or heard of one of those Imperials actually equipped with the ABS brake system. Certainly ahead of its time back then, but trying to get it to work today would be futile, as there would unlikely be any parts available anymore. There are a lot of big vacuum tanks and controllers tucked in various areas around the engine compartment.

I don't know that I have ever seen or heard of one of those Imperials actually equipped with the ABS brake system. Certainly ahead of its time back then, but trying to get it to work today would be futile, as there would unlikely be any parts available anymore. There are a lot of big vacuum tanks and controllers tucked in various areas around the engine compartment.

I looked at a 73 Imp locally....was buried in a barn, and would require dismantling part of the barn to get it out. It was a factory sunroof car, with ABS etc....They wanted way too much money for this thing. Took a bunch of pics though....;)

ABS module...

thrashingcows - Thanks for posting the pics! I ran across a post on this car somewhere - probably by you - but I don't think there was one of the fender tag. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back