NOT MINE 1972 New Yorker Brougham 4dr hardtop (FQ5 turquoise, 62k miles)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This NYB is not listed on any site that I know of, but was in the corral at Carlisle as explained here. I went to check out CS43T2C164105 with @david hill (thank you David!).

A turquoise 1972 NYB is one of my white whales, and this car's history is known from new (the original papers were in the glove box) -- but it needs a bit too much work (lower rear quarters, repaint, vinyl top replacement, one window broken, etc. + questionable heater core) for the price asked ($8.5k Friday, $6.5k Saturday, and the seller mentioned $5.5k unprompted). My own valuation is somewhere around $2.5-$3.5k, so I passed despite the power vent windows. Note that the car was parked in a carport (edit: not a carpet…) for the past 15 years, which is why the passenger aside -- which was more exposed to the elements -- is significantly worse than the driver side.

If anyone is interested, just PM me -- I can send high-res pics and several videos, and the seller's contact info.

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1410.JPG

Last edited:
Interior pics. Note the fluid stain on the front passenger rubber mat (heater core issue?) and the hard weatherstrip in the last photo. The carpets that were exposed to the sun are kinda bleached, but the interior is in really excellent condition. Note the incorrect steering wheel.

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1470 2.JPG

Last edited:
The blue steering wheel is odd.
About the only option not on this car is a tilt wheel (ATC, power vents, power antenna, it has them all). So it came originally with a standard rimblow wheel, which in all likelihood cracked at some point — and this blue Chrysler wheel was used instead to regain honking power. That’d be my guess; I didn’t bother asking as I’m pretty sure that’s what happened.

How did it sound running?
To my ears, very good. No vibration, no exhaust leak. If you’re interested, though, you should ask @david hill — he’s the expert — or I can send you a video I took.

This NYB is not listed on any site that I know of, but was in the corral at Carlisle as explained here. I went to check out CS43T2C164105 with @david hill (thank you David!).

A turquoise 1972 NYB is one of my white whales, and this car's history is known from new (the original papers were in the glove box) -- but it needs a bit too much work (lower rear quarters, repaint, vinyl top replacement, one window broken, etc. + questionable heater core) for the price asked ($8.5k Friday, $6.5k Saturday, and the seller mentioned $5.5k unprompted). My own valuation is somewhere around $2.5-$3.5k, so I passed despite the power vent windows. Note that the car was parked in a carpet for the past 15 years, which is why the passenger aside -- which was more exposed to the elements -- is significantly worse than the driver side.

If anyone is interested, just PM me -- I can send high-res pics and several videos, and the seller's contact info.

View attachment 472708

View attachment 472709

View attachment 472710

View attachment 472711

View attachment 472712

View attachment 472713

View attachment 472714

View attachment 472715

View attachment 472716

View attachment 472717
@ayilar i see this one same as you do.

i am not remotely a buyer but i do like it -- at a price range where you see it.

hope it finds a good home.

Thanks for taking so many pics and posting them with all the info. I only have a right front pic and one of the cardboard sign on the windshield in addition to the one I posted.

The rest of my pics are here: https://tinyurl.com/wuv276bc

Back