1972 Plymouth Fury 318 Survivor

500cubes

Reaction score
I found this in Bluefield WVA. I cleaned it & did what I could to make it better. The paint is original & nicely worn. I like that its straight with good chrome bumpers & moldings. The interior is green & needs re-done. I have a guy for that. Could use 2-9" green armrests for the front, any you can spare? It runs good & I was told it is a 360 but more likely it is a 318 w/a 4 barrel intake. Could use a more correct air cleaner if anyone has one. I was told it needed a trans but it seems to be working OK, may try a filter & fluid change. I plan to repair the rust issues & match the paint with a spray can. Know anyone who can put factory paint in a spray can? I put 235/75/15 tires on it. They look a little big to me? Man, these cars are huge. I bought new front shocks for it but couldn't get the old ones out... do I need to take a ball joint loose, if so which one? You can also see my 1973 Dodge Monaco w/a 440. It does sit quite a bit but it always starts up when I need it. Any help is appreciated but if not happy to share this cool find. Always missed out on the 72 Furys in the past.

100_4083.jpg

100_4084.jpg

100_4085.jpg

100_4086.jpg

100_4087.jpg

100_4088.jpg

100_4089.jpg

100_4090.jpg

235/75/15 would have been the preferred size, yours are tall.
You have to compress the shock to get it out.

Front shocks on these cars are a hard job, but I do not remove a ball joint.
Front wheels should be hanging free to create the most space.
Some people use an exhaust cut-off wheel to remove the exposed top of the shock stud
Then the shock can be worked out of the cavity with the bottom of shock moved over the rear of the lower control arm.

Armrests can generally be sourced on eBay

@500cubes Tried to PM you, as a fellow Virginian, but your inbox is full

Last edited:
Back