1973 Fury need help please

Infantry82

Reaction score
I have a 73 fury lll 2 door and I cannot find front calipers for it. Is there any other calipers that will fit that are more readily available.
Thank you
AATW

You can he usually chimes in when tagged. He is the NOS brake man.

Can you rebuild the old ones? not hard to do.

I’m going to try and rebuild the old ones today. 3 bucks per seal kit so it’s a cheap way to see if they are salvageable.

Thanks for the shout outs, guys, but I do ONLY --- NEW --- And Calipers are in the Rebuild World --- ONLY ---
The ONLY Calipers that I get involved with are the Early 4 - piston Caliper variety, and
those are for R & R ONLY --- as in Rebuild & Return --- and I don't dare Rebuild them !!! ---
My buddy, Jeff in San Diego does the custom R & R s....

On single piston Calipers, such as a 1973, if the cheesy mass produced rebuilders are
" out of stock " because they have NO CORES , and we all know how coveted the 1973 CORES are, because of " Disc Brake Conversions ".... then you pray you can repair your own......

Everyone has Chineseum Caliper Kits with Chineseum Rubber for $ peanuts.... and,
Yes, the Chineseum Caliper Pistons are easily obtainable for $ peanuts, also....

I had the same problem, but due diligence paid off. But not before I rebuilt my old ones. These are the A1 CARDONE part numbers, and they are correct.

20220414_155558.jpg

You could always have them sleeved and rebuilt too. The price looks right.

Caliper Restore Service

SSBC was bought and brought back from the dead a few years ago. No personal experience on my part with the new company, but some searching will probably get some first hand reviews. I had heard the "old" company did good work, but poor customer service and a lot of mismanagement.

I had a hard time finding the correct replacements for the 71 Kelsey Hayes calipers that are on my car. (71 Chrysler) Every place that advertised the calipers being for a C Body, actually did not allow room for the pads to fit over the rotor. (I bought & returned 2 sets)
Most likely the sellers of those calipers just lumped the C body parts as being the same as with the A/B/E cars.
I am not sure if you'll run into the same problems for your 73 model, but you'd probably save some time & headache by finding a local shop that can rebuild them if you're not going to do them yourself.
I had mine rebuilt by a foreign car garage that specialized with Porsche cars, for something around $80.00 to do both.

Back