1973 odd year

nightman61

Reaction score
Good day everyone. When I purchased my latest C-Body,1973 Newport, I was glad to have another. I love my 1967 Newport Custom, but I am finding out more and more about the 1973 Newport. Maybe it's just me, but trying to locate and replace some parts seem to be a challenge. I am finding many parts that are a "One year" only parts. Maybe it's just me. I am searching for a front license bracket for this car. Oh, I can probably make one that might work, but I do prefer one that is designed to fit the car. I have looked at pictures of bumpers trying to see if maybe there is a interchangeable one, but I have not seen one that looks the same. Any assistance would be appreciated.

That's part of fuselage C body ownership. They pretty much changed every year and there's lots of 1 year, 1 make/model parts we need to try to locate, 50 years later. At least you have a 73 Chrysler, a fairly common car. Finding 70-71 Polara is a bit more difficult, but still doable.

Good luck in your search. You'll find your license plate bracket I'm sure.

On the '73 Chryslers, the front end sheet metal was unique to that model year of Chrysler, with other unique items for each trim level. There can be more interchangeability with the '69-'72 model years, though. Still, with year to year differences in some cases.

There are some Mopar-oriented salvage yards in Georgia, as I recall.

CBODY67

1973 do have some 1 year only parts.
The front bumper and related parts are good example Thanks to the mandated 5 MPH impact requirement.
73 disc brakes parts are common and most seek 73 C bodies for disc brake conversions.
The upper ball joints and control arms and spindles are 73 only but fit older C's
Front clip and other trim pieces are 73 only.
73 also saw the end of the line for the 8-3/4 rear and the use of the 9-1/4 was more common in C's depending on engine choices or towing pkgs.
If it helps any, I have the Hollander interchange books so pm me if needed.
I recommend getting the 1973 Parts Catalogue so you can look up part numbers.
Hope this helps.

I have a 73 New Yorker that is complete but rough. It is housing a 440/727/8 3/4 in case I ever need it. If there is anything you would like me to get pics of for you send me a pm. I have no use for the body/interior at all.

I have a front license plate bracket from my 73 fury parts car.

73 Fury Front End Pic.jpg

Back