NOT MINE 1973 Plymouth gran fury CDN$4,000

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score

Looks to be a great deal. I'd jump all over this if I wasn't so behind here with work projects and dead beat clients.

Seller's description​

1973 Plymouth Gran Fury for sale. Excellent appearance and great working order. Interior dash, seats, and carpet very clean. Only known flaw is slight oil leak from oilpan and slight water intrusion around the door window seals in the carwash. No rust. Power brakes and steering. Manual windows and no A/C. Starts and runs well, even after sitting in my garage for weeks at a time. Engine is the 360ci V8. Also have the shop manual for it. Price is a firm $4000. I won't be accepting lower offers or trades. Location: Strathroy-Caradoc, ON
1717676337648.png
1717676353894.png
1717676375994.png
1717676391951.png
1717676405995.png
1717676421844.png
1717676444346.png
1717676494899.png

Last edited:
i aint a buyer even if it was one street over. would like to know where it is too. i am not on Faceplant.

but looks like an excellent rig ... at that price, i'd grab it just to keep it from the hands of someone who may not appreciate it.

were it a R/B? i might break my rule and try for it for sure. it would be "catch & release" for me to save for next caretaker.

Alas.

thanks for location update @Boydsdodge. My excuses are slipping away ..... :poke:

1717679957355.png
1717680004286.png

Last edited:
i aint a buyer even if it was one street over. would like to know where it is too. i am not on Faceplant.

but looks like an excellent rig ... at that price, i'd grab it just to keep it from the hands of someone who may not appreciate it.

were it a R/B? i might break my rule and try for it for sure. it would be "catch & release" for me to save for next caretaker.

Alas.

thanks for location update @Boydsdodge. My excuses are slipping away ..... :poke:

View attachment 664861View attachment 664862

[/URL][/URL]

Looks to be a great deal. I'd jump all over this if I wasn't so behind here with work projects and dead beat clients.

Seller's description​

1973 Plymouth Gran Fury for sale. Excellent appearance and great working order. Interior dash, seats, and carpet very clean. Only known flaw is slight oil leak from oilpan and slight water intrusion around the door window seals in the carwash. No rust. Power brakes and steering. Manual windows and no A/C. Starts and runs well, even after sitting in my garage for weeks at a time. Engine is the 360ci V8. Also have the shop manual for it. Price is a firm $4000. I won't be accepting lower offers or trades. Location: Strathroy-Caradoc, ON
View attachment 664850View attachment 664851View attachment 664852View attachment 664853View attachment 664854View attachment 664855That View attachment 664856View attachment 664857

Alas.

View attachment 664861View attachment 664862
This looks like a great deal.Car looks really clean and it is a Gran Fury to boot .l like the color combo as well

So this Fury is like 20 miles from me.

Doesn't look like he posted it to Kijiji. My success rate at having 2-way contact with creatures on fecebook is really low.

I guess some unknowing buyer will come along and grab it, start to either try to make a lowrider or Dub it.

I've sent the seller a PM through FB marketplace, asking for a good time this weekend to have a look at the car.

What I hate about FB is that I get no feedback if or when someone actually reads the marketplace messages you send, and FB absolutely refuses to impliment any mechanism to notify you by email when someone does respond to messages.

Turns out I did get an email notification that the guy responded to me on FB marketplace. Just FYI, apparently FB has something called messenger, when I look at where my browser is going it's actually messenger.com. Anyways, yes I did get an email but I have to go to FB or the marketplace to actually see the message.

In this case, it was a short message, the guy said "In talks, I'll let you know" in response to my question about seeing the car this weekend. I just fired off a reply, asking if the car was still available. We'll see what happens.

Turns out I did get an email notification that the guy responded to me on FB marketplace. Just FYI, apparently FB has something called messenger, when I look at where my browser is going it's actually messenger.com. Anyways, yes I did get an email but I have to go to FB or the marketplace to actually see the message.

In this case, it was a short message, the guy said "In talks, I'll let you know" in response to my question about seeing the car this weekend. I just fired off a reply, asking if the car was still available. We'll see what happens.
Good luck.

:thumbsup:

He's saying it looks like it will sell on Monday. If I don't hear from him I'll send another message Monday night.

I got word back from him today through FB. It was sold. I asked if it was going to stay local, he said yes, was sold to someone in my town (London). I gave him a thumbs up for that.

I got word back from him today through FB. It was sold. I asked if it was going to stay local, he said yes, was sold to someone in my town (London). I gave him a thumbs up for that.

It was me who bought it!

It's neat that the car had so much interest on this site; I always assume it'll be mostly Americans interested in these cars.

I am very proud to say that it will indeed be spared demo derbying, low-riding, or any other form of desecration. I like my cars as stock as possible and period-representative.

It's not quite as nice as the pics make it out to be, at least in the interior (and in terms of basic maintenance - needs an oil change, like, yesterday!), but the body is straight, the paint is nice, and the top is stellar. It was originally a Nova Scotia car and the guy I bought it from flew out there to bring it back here. He registered it exactly 10 years ago, to the day, that I bought it - just a "small world" anecdote :).

If anyone has tips on replacing or re-seating the window seals, that would be one thing I'd like to tackle very soon. They're supple but distorted... damn frameless door glass -_-...

Back