1977 Royal Monaco wagon in Van Nuys, CA $12K

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick66

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4263674202.html

Oh, heck, yeah! Top money, but damn, is this a clean longroof! $12,000.

Discussion on the station wagon forum here:

http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28907

00707_4nvcxQokFjt_600x450.jpg

Gorgeous wagon...I want it. But that upper rad hose has to go!

Nice wagon. Not a lot of them around.

I believe the wagon has been here before.....$7-8k last time. I remember pictures of it in the same white garage.

Wow, The more I visit this Forum the less I feel I belong. No offence meant to you fuselage owners/ lovers but the 65 and 66 C-bodies should not be in the same category, even the 67-68 though larger than the 65-66 should be classified as a "B-plus Body", These cars only share their Names ( yes some parts too) with earlier counterparts and are not the same kind/class of cars. :poke:

There could be an issue that we can't see in the pictures.

Formals share nothing with the previous two generations except perhaps for the air cleaner housing wing nut.

AAC, the '65 and '66 C-body cars are very noticeably bigger in every way over the '64 - '65 AND '66 - '67 "B"-cars - wheelbase, overall length and width - everything! Yes, they share consoles, bucket seats, and engine & transmissions, but they are hardly "B+" body cars, as you suggest. Put a "B" and a '65 - '66 "C" side-by-side - NO one is going to confuse the two, by any stretch.

I park my Fury next to my buddies 68 road-runner all the time and the Fury is only two inches longer, (measured) at the bumpers, they are basically the same size on the show field, It is a bit wider though. Yes next to the 64 B-body Fury, My C-body Fury is larger, but next to the fuselage C-bodys my car looks small. In Design aspect the 65-66 C-body is very similar to the 66-67 B-body in appearance.

I put to a vote, I am starting a petition, I exclaim that ma-mopar should have called the 65-66 C-bodies. B-PLUS. ( I hope you understand this last part is factitious)

Can't use size to differentiate generarations. That reasoning would mean that Valiants were a B minus...

Posted via Topify on Android

I park my Fury next to my buddies 68 road-runner all the time and the Fury is only two inches longer, (measured) at the bumpers, they are basically the same size on the show field, It is a bit wider though.

Your '68 B-body is larger than the '64 - '65 and the '66 - '67 B-bodies; so your comparison is irrelevant, especially when your initial post in this thread says nothing at all about the '68 - '70 "B"-bodies. You started out comparing the '64 - '67 "B"-cars against the '65 - '66 "C"-cars.

I don't want an argument, my opinion is mine and you don't agree with it, that's fine. My point is simply my 66 Fury is mostly like B-bodies and even A-bodies of the same model years and more similar to 66-70 B's than that of later years especially the 69 and up C-bodies. Because my car is really only one of two model years 65/66. I am really out numbered with the enthusiasts on this forum when the rest of the c-body classification goes from 67-77. No offence but there are very few 67/68 c-bodies that I like, and absolutely don't like any 69 and up. I do respect them and the care and love owners of them have, but I would not own one for anything but parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back