1978 Chrysler Newport

InViolet70

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am coming to you from "ForBBodiesOnly". Currently a 1970 Roadrunner owner and wanting to join the C Body club. I have come across a 1978 Chrysler Newport that is near perfect other then a couple small paint corrections. It is all original. $7,500 on the price. What do you all think?

437032417_749454050589490_4857604850025398147_n.jpg

436454214_947873693790222_7305378128503832238_n.jpg

436495511_1620475248786370_1963706667238675858_n.jpg

Looks like a pretty much "normal car" to me. No tilt wheel, though. Otherwise, the stereos sound really good in those cars. Almost like the innards are as big as a concert hall. Look at it, drive it, see what you think. As always, don't buy the first one you see, unless it is exactly what you want. Check the condition and miles against some online value websites, as Hagerty has.

Might be culture shock coming from the smaller B-body world. Especially in driving a longer wheelbase vehicle. Parking is aided as you can see all four corners of the body from the driver's seat.

NOT going to be anything close to a "hot rod", but not a slouch either. Nothing another point in compression can't help fix. Has all of the good Chrysler attributes, in a larger package, with "straight line performance (on the Interstate), miles at a time, rather than 1/4 mile at a time. There are a few tweaks to make it drive more energetically, though, that don't require much money to do. One could be the non-generic ELB Delete Kit.

Add some normal whitewalls and W23s and it'll look better. Due to the customer demographic of Chrysler owners who would have bought one new, they are in generally better shape than some other brands. Similar with other C-body Chryslers, too. Never going to be worth a lot of money, but still good values for nice cars, with priceless comfort and holding lots of luggage in the trunk for "road trips".

Your money, your dreams,. Enjoy!
CBODY67

The pics didn't really provide any valid reason why that car deserves $7,500.00.
Yep, looks good from a cellphone.

And it's a Newport.
And probably has a fragile wiper bushing.
Fully functional HVAC? Manual or AutoTemp II?
Also, you can't go running to Summit for much.

nice car. welcome to FCBO, btw.

you've sorta gotten my feedback via the others. those cats know these cars inside/out as Forum "veterans."

my meager view, from what i can see with my own eyes just from photos, i can't see the asking price in a deal.

Alternatively, i can't rule it out either.

seems like reasonable place to start a deal discussion. see if a fair deal comes out at whatever is agreed to.

it is, however, a decision best made "eyes on, butt in drivers seat".

happy hunting.

Back