2017 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals July 14-16

Sorry to hear about the little present you found when you got back. At a certain point you need to hand off to a qualified technician and save your sanity if not your $. In any case half through tomorrow when you are balls deep in your job it will be a vague memory LOL.

If I could find one around here, I'd be more then happy too. Seems like whenever I farm out work, I'm not happy with it, or something else gets messed up. Idk..

I did discover today that turbo action is local to me. Hmm... gonna have to give em a call.

Cope racing, and 727 specialties have decent prices, but are too far for a core, and shipping.

Last time I called the local trans shop on a bench build, they quoted $1800. I said "a 727 3 speed, rebuild on the bench??" They said yes. All they got was a "click".

If I could find one around here, I'd be more then happy too. Seems like whenever I farm out work, I'm not happy with it, or something else gets messed up. Idk..

I did discover today that turbo action is local to me. Hmm... gonna have to give em a call.

Cope racing, and 727 specialties have decent prices, but are too far for a core, and shipping.

Last time I called the local trans shop on a bench build, they quoted $1800. I said "a 727 3 speed, rebuild on the bench??" They said yes. All they got was a "click".

I rebuild my own transmissions, but I also have a friend of mine that rebuilds them for $400 on the bench plus parts and does shift kits perfectly as well to firm up the shifts just a little to a lot. There is no one better either. Too bad you live in Florida.

Glad your trip went great, but sorry about the blues mobile.... thankfully the 727's aren't that expensive to rebuild. Not like today's transmissions any way. Still hurts no matter how you cut it.

Oh... btw, it was great to meet you and Sabrina!
She got a great score on those quarter windows! They'll look great installed!

We finally made it back home after a long night on the road. Took a little nap this morning, now getting ready for the week. Tomorrow is gonna suck!!

Camping was pretty fun though. Havnt done that in years. The truck did us good. Put over 3500 miles on her, didn't skip a beat.

View attachment 135195

I peeked in the garage. Not a drop of trans fluid under the car. Huh?? WTH?

Then I went to pull her out to unload the truck.....

View attachment 135194
View attachment 135196

One of the cooler lines now made its way off. Wtf is going on with this trans!! I think it's time to buy another rebuilt ready to go unit. This leaky pig has been no good since it got here in the Córdoba.

Got our stash unloaded. Sabrina made out fairly well. Did get a couple goodies for the Newport. Jeff pointed me in the direction of a decent set of road wheels. Thanks Jeff!

My buddy Jake picked me up a matching steering wheel for the Newport a few months back. Grabbed that from him as well.

View attachment 135197

View attachment 135198

Sabrina beat me though. The winner would have to be the club cab windows. She got the glass, and rubbers for $20 a piece. When's the last time you saw that??

View attachment 135199
View attachment 135200
View attachment 135201

Jeff, I got your stuff stashed safe away in the warehouse lol. It rained most the way down. I took the wheels, and tank out of the bags so moisture wouldn't get held in.

View attachment 135202

Got the messy pig back in her spot. Ugh. Anyone have recommendations on a trans place?? Cope racing is a decent one I hear...

View attachment 135203
Thanks Zac, and tell Sabrina she kicked ***... nice score on the glass. I appreciate the efforts to keep my crap in good shape, but don't worry too much about it or put your stuff in the weather... the tote had the real treasures in it.

How about we pick a weekend you're available and try the Jacksonville junkyard hunt one Saturday. It would be fun for me to see if there is anything older up that way, and I could get you unburdened at the same time... Thank you again for the help hauling the hoard.

Seems like whenever I farm out work, I'm not happy with it, or something else gets messed up. Idk
Get a book get a core do it yourself, they are really quite simple you just have to be creative or buy the right tools to due the clutch packs. The rest is not brain surgery. When it works properly you will get that :icon_fU: feeling especially to the $1800 shop.

Zac, you are smack dab in the middle of 100's of Hispanic down and gritty business districts. Any you can't find one shop under your budget level?
Gawd. I wish I had your access to these Immigrant Gasoline Alleys.
I'd find the Cuban guy who fixed DeSotos all his life.

I rebuild my own transmissions, but I also have a friend of mine that rebuilds them for $400 on the bench plus parts and does shift kits perfectly as well to firm up the shifts just a little to a lot. There is no one better either. Too bad you live in Florida.

I had a guy, who's a friend of Jer, and I back up in MI. $200 and a case of beer usually got you a GOOD rebuilt 727. He did the small block 727 that was in it before. I miss having him a half hour away tremendously! Great mechanic who worked on these since new back in the day.

A&A transmissions in Camby, Indiana is far and away better than Cope. I would avoid J Cope like the plague. (I have experience with both shops)

Home - A&A Transmissions

He's on the blumo Facebook page, and I never got a warm, and fuzzy feeling from him.

Appreciate the lead, but being in FL, trying to stay somewhat local..

Glad your trip went great, but sorry about the blues mobile.... thankfully the 727's aren't that expensive to rebuild. Not like today's transmissions any way. Still hurts no matter how you cut it.

Oh... btw, it was great to meet you and Sabrina!
She got a great score on those quarter windows! They'll look great installed!

Thanks!! Was great meeting you as well! We had an absolute blast!! Hoping like hell to do it again next year!

Thanks Zac, and tell Sabrina she kicked ***... nice score on the glass. I appreciate the efforts to keep my crap in good shape, but don't worry too much about it or put your stuff in the weather... the tote had the real treasures in it.

How about we pick a weekend you're available and try the Jacksonville junkyard hunt one Saturday. It would be fun for me to see if there is anything older up that way, and I could get you unburdened at the same time... Thank you again for the help hauling the hoard.

Not a problem my man.

I'm more then down for you coming up, or me bringing them down. Whichever works for you. If you come up though, someone on the board can actually visibly see the car LMAO!

We'll figure something out. Either way, will be a few weeks on my end. Need to replenish the funds a bit lol.

Jake got a hold of that truck guy in GA. Might be going to pick up a cab for him as well.

Zac, you are smack dab in the middle of 100's of Hispanic down and gritty business districts. Any you can't find one shop under your budget level?
Gawd. I wish I had your access to these Immigrant Gasoline Alleys.
I'd find the Cuban guy who fixed DeSotos all his life.

If they are, I've missed them. Just a few mom and pop shops around here...one is real bad, and the other I've been using is ok for certain things. They are chevy guys, but are open to try their hand on these Mopars. They don't ***** about it either, like the other shops. But I've had to correct a couple mistakes from a them..

I don't travel into the city much. It's bad enough dealing with the local bafoons.

I had a guy, who's a friend of Jer, and I back up in MI. $200 and a case of beer usually got you a GOOD rebuilt 727. He did the small block 727 that was in it before. I miss having him a half hour away tremendously! Great mechanic who worked on these since new back in the day.

He's on the blumo Facebook page, and I never got a warm, and fuzzy feeling from him.

Thanks!! Was great meeting you as well! We had an absolute blast!! Hoping like hell to do it again next year!

Not a problem my man.

I'm more then down for you coming up, or me bringing them down. Whichever works for you. If you come up though, someone on the board can actually visibly see the car LMAO!

We'll figure something out. Either way, will be a few weeks on my end. Need to replenish the funds a bit lol.

Jake got a hold of that truck guy in GA. Might be going to pick up a cab for him as well.

If they are, I've missed them. Just a few mom and pop shops around here...one is real bad, and the other I've been using is ok for certain things. They are chevy guys, but are open to try their hand on these Mopars. They don't ***** about it either, like the other shops. But I've had to correct a couple mistakes from a them..

I don't travel into the city much. It's bad enough dealing with the local bafoons.
I would be happy to verify for the membership that the car is real, I would be honored to make vroom vroom sounds too if needed... in return I would only ask for a proper greeting in honor of your avatar.

1st Guy I thought of Zack. Hell, ah round trip on the "BIG BIRD" and ah case of Bud Lite and WIN WIN. And you're still out of it for half what the locals want? Just keep him away from Disney World or he'll be fixin' their S*** too? G.L. with it Pal, Jer

Not a problem my man.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by your comment. Which one is on Facebook and you didn't feel "cuddly" with? A&A? or Cope Racing?

Understand trying to stay local, I would too. But if A&A is too far away for you, where do you think Cope's shop is? Its in Lowell, Indiana which would be about 75 miles FARTHER away from you.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by your comment. Which one is on Facebook and you didn't feel "cuddly" with? A&A? or Cope Racing?

Understand trying to stay local, I would too. But if A&A is too far away for you, where do you think Cope's shop is? Its in Lowell, Indiana which would be about 75 miles FARTHER away from you.

Yea, I was talking about cope being on the Facebook page.

And yes, that's what I meant by cope, and the other place being too far away in the other post.

The prices aren't bad, but when you figure in core charge/shipping + shipping the new trans it's too much.

Yes, shipping is always a problem especially with larger, heavier parts. Surely you will find a good shop much closer to home.

OK, so Cope was the Facebook shop that didn't give you the warm & fuzzy that you needed. Good for you. I have written proof from that guy that shows what kind of person he really is. I'm not going to post it, but I have warned you, that's all I can do, the rest is up to you.

On the other hand, Rick Allison at A&A is a top notch transmission guy as well as a good Christian man. (In my opinion) Too bad they are so far away from you.

Good luck with the transmission. (and sorry for calling you "Surely"!)

Yes, shipping is always a problem especially with larger, heavier parts. Surely you will find a good shop much closer to home.

OK, so Cope was the Facebook shop that didn't give you the warm & fuzzy that you needed. Good for you. I have written proof from that guy that shows what kind of person he really is. I'm not going to post it, but I have warned you, that's all I can do, the rest is up to you.

On the other hand, Rick Allison at A&A is a top notch transmission guy as well as a good Christian man. (In my opinion) Too bad they are so far away from you.

Good luck with the transmission. (and sorry for calling you "Surely"!)

I think you should give Don Garlits a call. . . Shirley, he knows of a couple of good transmission guys in Florida.

Zack. Have you ever thought of FASTENALL az your shipper to our Friend? I'm sure our Friend in Clinton can find the Fastenall warehouse that is by the A2 airport on the south side of A2. Band it on a custom made pallet and take it to your local Fastenall store in Orlando DONE DONE FER CHEAP. Check it out with that company and they will give you a price based on size and weight. BTW, Our Friend haz a deal going @ "Haus Transmission" on Dexter-Chelsea rd. in Dexter if you need ah virgin torque converter in the BMB too? Just ah thought, Jer

There's an excellent mom n pop transmission shop here in SEBRING. The owner cut his teeth on Torqueflites. Low labor rate too. He's the only guy I go to.
Too far, Zac?

Back