2024 Sully Antique Car Show

The 66 Tavelall like the one pictured, is what I learned to drive in.
My dad had a lot of patience teachin the 3 on the tree shifts.

The 1972 GY4 Fury brought by @Analog Kid and the 1973 Imperial brought by @73MFImperial were beautiful as always. Regina says hello too.

1720576637871.png

View attachment 666727

I was talking to a guy recently about the 72 Fury having 2 different quarterpanels, and he told me I was wrong. (but maybe I said 73 or something)
The pic above reminded me to dig deeper.
Perhaps is tied to which roofline the car has. Both appear to be hardtops, though. :confused:

1720576323924.png

I was talking to a guy recently about the 72 Fury having 2 different quarterpanels, and he told me I was wrong. (but maybe I said 73 or something)
The pic above reminded me to dig deeper.
Perhaps is tied to which roofline the car has. Both appear to be hardtops, though. :confused:

View attachment 670577
Never noticed that before. But, it appears that there were two different 2 door hardtop roof lines available on both the '72 Fury III and the Gran Coupe (notice the different rear window shapes on the two cars and the vertical side glass opening on the C pillar of the red car). The quarter panel does indeed appear to be connected to which 2 door roof line is chosen. Definitely the case for 72, but I don't know about 73. But it appears that 73 2 doors were only available with the formal roof and the quarters like those on the red car above.

Last edited:
Back