2BBL to 4BBL Edelbrock linkage.

mag162

Reaction score
So I had my buddy swap over from a factory 2BBL and manifold to a Factory manifold and an Edelbrock 1406. He is telling me he needs some sort of adaptor or possibly a longer cable maybe?
Im not there to see myself so I dont have pics or anything

You need the 1481 Edelbrock adapter here are some pictures of mine with cruise control
959DEC9B-A6CC-45CE-9370-ADE3F6704F4C.jpeg
B3A31CD9-D16E-4DC0-9C29-2F58C1354D69.jpeg
5BE9D15D-1EDF-46BA-874C-5DEB69A54325.jpeg
AE2A22F5-CF0A-41CE-B560-5DFA6929660F.jpeg
6DD36935-6605-4B02-A742-A43D1CC0AA85.jpeg
CBF93F78-1D0F-40C4-A692-A3F63EEFD113.jpeg

It’s easy to attach, 2 small bolts and your on your way. Bolt it up just like in my pictures. Then just some minor adjustments on the cable after that. Your kick down may need some adjusting as well but I will leave that up to you. Good luck

If he's changing from 2bbl to 4bbl, it's more complicated than just the Edelbrock part. (It would help to know if this is a small or big block). In any event, the main problem is that the new carb will sit higher and further forward, especially if you're using a spacer. I actually just did this swap and was going to post it as a tutorial, but I don't know when I'll have time to upload the pics.

Long story short, you should be able to move the linkage higher by using longer bolts with about 1.5" inches of "spacers" under the linkage bracket. (I used a couple of large nuts TIG'd together.) While you will have to re-work the bracket, you should be able to find enough adjustment in the 2bbl throttle cable. You'll also have to make sure the kickdown works. I'm sure others will explain.

It’s on a B.B. 383 and yes there is a spacer involved also

The pictures I sent are of my 69 sport fury convertible 383. I too swapped out the 2 barrel for a 4 barrel . I used the edelbrock 1481 adapter with no other modifications needed. I just did some minor adjustments to the throttle,cruise and kick down linkage. I was able to adjust them all by about an inch.The adapter moves the linkage back by about an inch so it’s close to the factory 4 barrel linkage geometry on my car. That being said I did not have a spacer and my kick down linkage may be different than yours . mine is one long rod down to the transmission with the adjustment done by just spinning the slide linkage as it threads on to the kick down rod , I had at least 2 1/2 inches of adjustment. On my car anyway, it was an easy carb swap.

IF it's a throttle cable, you can loosen the bolt on the clamp on the support the cable runs through and move the cable at that point. Even if the metal part of the cable housing moves too far forward for the metal portion to be held by the clamp, you can probably carefully anchor the cable body enough to drive the car reliably that way. Just don't over-tighten the clamp on the non-metal cable body such that you crush it. Then you can further check the Chrysler parts book to see if the 2bbl and 4bbl cables are different and go from there.

CBODY67

I ordered the correct adapter. Lets hope that gets her done!

What intake are you putting that Eddie on?

It needs the thin Eddie adapter plate 2732 (comes in the manifold box if you bought an intake) if you put the Eddie carb on a Eddie manifold. Or you'll need Eddie adapter plate 2696 to put the Eddie carb on a cast iron manifold.

Call the Eddie Tech Line and they'll tell you the same thing.

There's a txsm kickdown adapter too but you won't need it.

Ok. You'll need this adapter plate.

Four-hole, Square-bore to Spread-bore Adapter (.850")
Mounts Edelbrock square-bore carbs to stock Quadrajet & Thermo-Quad manifolds.
eo-blue.jpg

2696_1.jpg

The spacer I used was wide open. It didn’t look like the one pictured

Did it look like this one?

edl-2732.jpg

As long as you can open the throttle to WOT you will be OK.

Back