NOT MINE 3 ‘70 Polara Convertible Projects - Rose Bowl on FB

I can find a Polara or Monaco for for less money than what it would take to repair any of the cars in the 1st post.
All my big project days are over. (for now)

I can find a Polara or Monaco for for less money than what it would take to repair any of the cars in the 1st post.
All my big project days are over. (for now)

BUT NOT those cars.

AND even then, show me some right now.

Not a convertible guy first of all, except maybe for a 65 300, and if someone were to take on the project of any of the 3 cars in this thread, they'd be deep into 5 digits before getting them back to a clean quality driver.
Finding a $2500 C body in decent shape ended several years ago, but one may stumble onto one now & then.
Agree they don't show up as often anymore either, and there's a lot more competition to grab it fast once you find "the car", thanks to the internet.
I still look. Would even consider a 4 door for the right car/price.

for for less money than what it would take to repair any of the cars in the 1st post.
Yes, for the $$$ it would take to do just an 80% job on one of those, you could surely find some RTG cars to pick from.
They don't pop up often, but a year-long search would surely bring 1 or 2 worthwhile prospects.

Dave's point. Ready to go Polaras/Monacos are the most scarce fuselage car.

Especially the caliber of these 3 vehicles

70 Show car
70 Rose Bowl ( I don't see the significance AT ALL)
69 L code

Dave's point. Ready to go Polaras/Monacos are the most scarce fuselage car.

Especially the caliber of these 3 vehicles

70 Show car
70 Rose Bowl ( I don't see the significance AT ALL)
69 L code
We don't know why the EV2 car was built. Both are Y39 cars.

Both cars were Public Relations cars.
The Rose Bowl car is one of three known. Part of the 1970 Tournament of Roses celebration.

thanks man ... i like the '69. not a player, but i like it the best of the three.

PS. i have never owned/restored, to my memory, a "Y39" car, so that code isn't top of mind to me. :)

Last edited:
Back