NOT MINE 300 Hurst.

Who cares , I would never use the air anyway, I wouldn't know if it worked or not.

guess i am more with @polara71 for whatever i drive/keep. if AC works, its gravy. if not, c'est la vie .. windows down making airplanes with my hand out the window is how i grew up with these cars. :)

human-wing-out-the-car-window-2_edited-31.jpg

whenever i part with one, OTOH, if it was born with A/C i try to make it work as lotta folks seem to want/like that .. i get it/respect that view.

heater/defroster, though i rarely drive vintage sleds in such weather and have no use for it, still has to work. more of a safety thing for windshield clearing.

Last edited:
Although I insist that any vintage car I look at come with AC but it will probably be the very last thing that works in my 'vert. That system is VooDoo black magic to me.

Yes, more like defroster I guess to clear the windshield.

guess i am more with @polara71 for whatever i drive/keep. if AC works, its gravy. if not, cie la vie .. (…)

heater/defroster, though i rarely drive vintage sleds in such weather and have no use for it, still has to work. more of a safety thing for windshield clearing like @ayilar said.
With H51 manual A/C, the heater works even if the A/C does not cool. AFAIK that’s not true with H53. @saforwardlook will likely correct me if I am wrong.

D’oh, my dumazzz just noticed that the car had its own separate post by the owner. Oh well, my fault. Sorry.
That's where I got the door sticker from.
I was amazed that I was the first to get it into the Hurst Registry discussion.

Don't tell anyone where I found it, I want to bask in glory for a day or so.

Back